Carolina Storm Wheel or Carolina Bucket Wheel? - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2012, 12:41 AM   #1 (permalink)

Unhappy Carolina Storm Wheel or Carolina Bucket Wheel?

Which one is better?

This is what I have gathered so far:

CSW(Carolina Storm Wheel): Bigger(more intimidating for smaller hedgehogs, ideal for fluffy ones) Has 12x12 litter pan, Grey

CBW(Carolina Bucket Wheel): Smaller(easier for little guys :P ) Doesn't come with a litter pan, and because of its 9x12 size you can't fit the litter pan inside, a disadvantage, comes in many colors- from bland colors to- sparkle time!

Anything else?
PickyRemi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2012, 01:31 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Carolina Storm Wheel or Carolina Bucket Wheel?

We just got Percy's CSW wheel last week and I'm glad I chose the one I did as my boy is quite big and still growing. It's very large, so you have to make sure it fits your cage. I was told it will last longer than the CSBW which sold me right away, and I can see it lasting years. The stand is strong and sturdy and the wheel spins like a breeze. Every morning I'll find a few poops on the bottom, but never smeared all over the wheel. Not sure if this is because this wheel is larger, or because the coating on the wheel is so good. Since the color is neutral, it goes with any color fleece, toys, ect... you decide to put in your cage. Not to mention you can't hear a thing other than the pitter patter of tiny feet. I can't see it being a problem with smaller hedgy's because of the height adjustment. It can go very low for a little hedgy to hop on.
I wish I could tell you something about the CSBW and I would if I had one, but I can honestly say you wouldn't be disappointed with the CSW. We'll be ordering another as a back up because we love it so much.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
Master Breeders

The bucket wheel can be ordered with a larger stand and the same litter pan that comes with the CSW, it fits but on the lower height settings it may rub.

Old 11-06-2012, 04:29 PM   #4 (permalink)

I have has the CSBW for a little over a year now, and Lily loves it. For a litter pan I just got some disposable tin baking pans and cut them to size and they fit perfectly under the wheel. The wheel is still silent after a year of running, and the poops aren't smeared. They just roll right off into the litter pan. Really what it comes down to is size of hedgie, and size of cage. (And colors ) Lily is a year old and is not a extremely fluffy hog, so the wheel works fine for her. Also, I have her in a rabbit cage that would not be big enough for the CSW to fit comfortably, but she seems fine with the pink CBSW I have now, so I see no need to change it. In the end it depends on your personal preference. I think either wheel would be a great choice for your hedgehog. Hope I helped!

6-23-11 ~ 8-18-14
lilythehedgie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2012, 04:48 PM   #5 (permalink)

I've used both wheels and can say that both of them are really excellent. There is no quality difference between them that I have noticed, and the litter box is available for both.

For me personally I chose the CSBW for my new boy because although the wheel is smaller in diameter, the running surface is a bit wider on the bucket wheel. My box is quite a "fluffy" hog and just seemed more comfortable with a little more wheel under his feet.

Thank you ashjac18 for my Sherlock avatar
NoDivision is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 07:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
Rescue

bigger wheel, more surface area for pooping
jerseymike1126 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in