Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum - View Single Post - New Hedgie Mom Questions.
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 01:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
rochellejp

Default Re: New Hedgie Mom Questions.

Thanks for all the advice! I re-arranged his cage after I cleaned it this evening and there's a bit more space now. I think part of the problem is that my litter tray is too big. It takes up a huge portion of the cage. I've managed to fit a dig box in there for him, and his tunnel at its smallest size. It doesn't seem to stop him from using his food dish as a stepping stone, though I'm still thinking of putting a C&C cage together because I think it might be easier to reach into to get him out. The one I have right now is awkward to reach into, especially if he's off in a corner.

He balls up just fine, so maybe I'm just worrying too much hahaha. He doesn't seem to eat a lot here, but I'm hoping it's because he's still wary of his new environment.

I'm trying to get him on a schedule now. I took him out at 8 tonight and he burrowed under my blankets and went to sleep by my for about half an hour before getting up and running around, exploring like a maniac.

Are there any stores that sell the hedgie bags, or are they something I'd have to order online? I can't sew to save my life, so I can't make one myself. I'm not sure if it would really help with bonding, because I think he'd probably just wiggle out of it and burrow in the blankets or run all over the bed. I didn't think the hand feeding sounded like a good idea, thanks for confirming!
rochellejp is offline   Reply With Quote