Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum - View Single Post - Strange new behaviour involving poop!
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 08:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
KatelynAlysa

Default Re: Strange new behaviour involving poop!

This is bad.
I got home from school just now and went to get Annabelle out of her cage first thing and she was in a very tight ball. It took me about five minutes to get her out and she is very cold to the touch. I realized right away that she is attempting hibernation. This is something that is really freaking me out. She is currently underneath my shirt and shivering. I didn't get a chance to look at the temperature in her cage because I was in such a panic. I am not going to bed until she is warm and when I am I will be running a space heater all night to hopefully up the temperature in her cage.
I am going to water her food and water intake and if she is not feeling better tomorrow I will take her to the vet. I have moderate to high anxiety and this is freaking me out a lot. I am trying to keep calm. I love her so much and hope nothing happens to her.

Please send your prayers and good thoughts my way. I do not know if her strange behaviour was a precursor to this hibernation attempt.