Added second floor to cage - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2011, 12:25 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Added second floor to cage

Last night i built a wooden second layer for half of my hedgehog's cage. I used half a wrapping paper tube as a ramp leading up to it and made little slits with a knife for foot holds (so its a half circle, not closed at the top). I put the sleeping hut, food and water dishes up there and am using the bottom for the "potty corner".

Any recommendations on how to spice up the living area a bit more? This was simply to add more space to a cage that is roughly W 3', D 2', H 2'. My girlfriend and I got Peanut (Salt & Pepper, 7 week old female) on February 10th so she is really new but loving her new home and owner already! Almost never puts her quils up and loves to burrow under sweatshirts etc.
Kobe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2011, 01:58 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Added second floor to cage

All ramps, all multiple levels and lofts MUST be enclosed. A fall from a mere few inches CAN and have been fatal.

You did't mention where the wheel is, does she have a wheel?
Is the wood treated with anything? Untreated wood has a high chance of harboring mites.
Immortalia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2011, 02:39 PM   #3 (permalink)

Default Re: Added second floor to cage

I have a great wheel that Peanut loves she uses it a lot (due to the amount poo that i have to clean off of it daily ) . The wood is treated and is high quality, i work with wood a lot. I will post a picture of my cage when i can. The ramp is not covered on the top so i will look into getting it covered so she doesnt fall out, thanks

Any ideas on making the cage more fun? i would love for her to come out and play but she seems to be more of a cuddly hoglet during the day/early night time but at night, i know she is really active and loves to do looots of stuff lol. I came home late one night and watched her for a while playing around in her cage and on her wheel
Kobe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in