Hedgehog Central banner

Fun hedgehog names

174K views 71 replies 51 participants last post by  Poppy_the_hedgie 
#1 ·
Having just got my first hedgehog a week or so ago :D , I went through the wonderfully fun task of finding him a name. I made this into a game with my friends. I wanted a name that was hedgehog related but was derived from a famous person's name, real or fictional.
So my hedgie's name is Bruce Quillis :lol:
but we also came up with:
Quillem Dafoe
Commander Quill Ryker
Quilliam Shatner
Quill Clinton
David Hasselhog
Alfred Hedgehog
quill.i.am
Mark Hamquill
Quilbert

Have you come up with clever names for your hedgies? PLEASE SHARE!

#9 ·
My cousin (mom's cousin; she's my second cousin, now in her 50s) dated Bruce Willis for several years. I'm very tempted to give her a call to let her know someone named their hedgehog after her ex, lol.

#12 ·
I always picked beautiful names. I love your names tho so much they are so hilarious I sat here laughing my butt off. lol. :lol:
I breed hedgies and whenever a new litter comes in i sit and pick unique and sometimes not unique pretty names. Of course the new owners can re-name them but just so I know what hedgie they are talking about when a interested person emails I can know what one they are talking about. And also because I dont paint my hedgies.
(Also it is my tradition that all girls have 2 names)

But here are some of the names I chose:

Stella Rose
Jezee Ann
Shia (Male)
Eva Marie
Millia Lyn
Robert Spike (Male)
Castor and
Polak (Named after stars both males)
Timshel
Cortina Galaxie
Jude (Male)
Musidore Lilly
Tristesse Star
Abel (Male)
Aisland (Male)
Ayzzy (Male)
Adam (Male)
Electra June
Adrielle Eclipse
Alex (Male)
Tatum (Male)

My hedgehogs names are:
Sanya Marie
Brielle Cole
Rex Hog

Have Fun nameing your hogs.

#13 ·
HedgeQuarters said:
Castor and
You mean Castor and Pollux. Or did you intentionally tweak the name Pollux to make it a little different? :]

Also, have you just never had two babies that look similar? Because without paint on the quills, it'd make it easier to mix them up; giving the babies names doesn't really substitute for that.

#16 ·
Mr. Snuffles! :D

#20 ·
moxieberry said:
HedgeQuarters said:
Castor and
You mean Castor and Pollux. Or did you intentionally tweak the name Pollux to make it a little different? :]

Also, have you just never had two babies that look similar? Because without paint on the quills, it'd make it easier to mix them up; giving the babies names doesn't really substitute for that.
Yeah. I did name him that to make it a little different :) I can always tell which hedgehog they are. I dont need paint for that. I always find something unique about them all. And I interact with them all the time. And I only have one litter at a time so I know which is which and who is who :)

#23 ·
I originally wanted a girl, so a lot of these names are female. (Am getting a male :lol: )

Aura
Alvena
Celia
Bailie(Top pick)
Elva
Elfie
Freya
Gandolf (This was one of my top picks ;) )
Lilith
Nyx
Rosa (Another top pick)
Vodka( Also a top pick...I am a collage student trying to convince my mother that I do not party every weekend, which is the truth, so this was one of the not smart names)
Shiloh (Is the name my breeder gave the hedgehog I am getting. I was told it is a male albino. I never would have come up with this name, but I actually really like it, and after interacting with it for a bit I will decide if it is going to stick)

#24 ·
Emiry, I looove the name Shiloh. I'm a little weird about names in general, and will often like male names for female - essentially making them unisex in my brain - and Shiloh is one of that kind for me. I think keeping that one would be a great choice, assuming it suits him! :]

#25 ·
Moxie, when she told me she was calling it Shiloh, I thought it was a great name! I am seriously thinking about keeping it...actually It pretty well has stuck. I wrote on my calender the day I am getting him and I put Shiloh with a heart next to it haha.

#26 ·
What's great about the name Shiloh is that it doesn't really come with a "type". There are some names that are commonly associated with certain personalities, which can be a problem for choosing a name before actually meeting/bringing home the pet, but that's not at all the case with this one. I think you should definitely keep it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.