This wheel gets a big thumbs down. Not only is is not silent, it is dangerous.
- The wheel extends past the base so when hedgie is stepping into the wheel, it can overbalance and tip over injuring (or worse) hedgie
- the wheel has a curved running tread and down the middle of the tread are drainage slits and a seam. These slits and seam can catch little toes and toenails causing severe injury.
- The wheel is not silent
- When using the wheel attached directly to the cage, the nuts on both front and back of the wheel can come loose allowing the wheel to fall
- The wheel is made of brittle plastic and breaks easily
Some people have tried to make the wheel less dangerous by putting tape over the slits and seam down the middle but then the urine will not drain away making the wheel a mess to run in.
- available at most pet stores
* * * Nancy * * *
Retired from breeding
Rescue contact for both the Hedgehog Welfare Society and the IHA
Rescued over 70 (and counting) hedgehogs needing a new home