Acceptable Bugs for Hedgehogs? - Page 2 - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2020, 06:32 AM   #11 (permalink)

@Ria

😂 noooo omggg. I’ll stick to the useless insects. Silkworms are usually sold by the children at schools here, but I have no idea where they come from, so I’m sceptical to buy them for Igor. Plus... moths.. ugh.
OddDarkMatter91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2020, 08:27 AM   #12 (permalink)
Ria

Quote:
Originally Posted by OddDarkMatter91 View Post
@Ria

😂 noooo omggg. I’ll stick to the useless insects. Silkworms are usually sold by the children at schools here, but I have no idea where they come from, so I’m sceptical to buy them for Igor. Plus... moths.. ugh.
I would be too! So your okay with mealworms and them turning into beetles but not silk worms and turning into moths or calciworms into flies😂
Ria is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2020, 06:22 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria View Post
I would be too! So your okay with mealworms and them turning into beetles but not silk worms and turning into moths or calciworms into flies😂

😂 yes I am. The beetles are completely useless. They can’t fly, can’t bite, they can’t climb. They literally will fall onto their back and die there if I don’t turn them back on their stomachs, they can’t get back up after falling over.

They are seriously useless. The easiest feeder insects ever, personally 🤣

Old 07-23-2020, 08:44 PM   #14 (permalink)

Kids at your school sell worms? XD
Spiky_Floof<3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2020, 02:43 AM   #15 (permalink)
Ria

Quote:
&#x1f602; yes I am. The beetles are completely useless. They can’t fly, can’t bite, they can’t climb. They literally will fall onto their back and die there if I don’t turn them back on their stomachs, they can’t get back up after falling over.

They are seriously useless. The easiest feeder insects ever, personally &#x1f923;
They can bite you know. They just don't because theres no reason to. Crickets can bite if they want to too.&#x1f602; How do you think they eat? Biting. they just fancy human&#x1f602;
Old 07-24-2020, 08:42 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiky_Floof<3 View Post
Kids at your school sell worms? XD
Yes they do &#x1f602; it’s a big thing in the summer. Everyone wants silkworms for the pretty silk they weave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria View Post
They can bite you know. They just don't because theres no reason to. Crickets can bite if they want to too.&#x1f602; How do you think they eat? Biting. they just fancy human&#x1f602;

Wait really?! I seriously didn’t know that. Well then, they’re docile &#x1f602; I’ve never been bitten, nor has Igor, so that’s great.
Crickets are quick though! Igor struggles catching them &#x1f602; he isn’t the best hunter hog in the world.
Old 07-24-2020, 08:59 AM   #17 (permalink)
Ria

Quote:
Wait really?! I seriously didn’t know that. Well then, they’re docile &#x1f602; I’ve never been bitten, nor has Igor, so that’s great.
Crickets are quick though! Igor struggles catching them &#x1f602; he isn’t the best hunter hog in the world.
Haha not many do
They tend to not bite but they can and rare times do. Very rare. I've only hear of 1 hedgehog owner being bitten by a cricket&#x1f602; Main insect people feed that does bite are morioworms and their bite is pretty bad compared to others so I've read anyway, never used morioworms and never been bitten by them and never will&#x1f602;
Old 07-24-2020, 05:25 PM   #18 (permalink)

@OddDarmMatter91
that's so cool! That sounds like fun haha. I'm pretty sure if someone tried to sell worms at my school they would get suspended lol
Spiky_Floof<3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in