Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum - View Single Post - Possible allergy?
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 06:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
Nancy
Hooked on Hogs
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kingston, Ontario
Posts: 8,950
Default Re: Possible allergy?

If you email me the pictures I will shrink them and post. [email protected]

It could be a staph infection, especially if she gets more sores. Or, possibly you used a different brand of aspen shavings. From what I have noticed over the years, aspen is more likely to cause allergies than kiln dried pine. Did you give her a bath after you took her off the aspen. If not, it would be a good idea to get all the aspen dust and residue off her and see if it helps.
__________________
* * * Nancy * * *

Retired from breeding

Rescue contact for both the Hedgehog Welfare Society and the IHA
Rescued over 70 (and counting) hedgehogs needing a new home


http://freewebs.com/thehedgieden/
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote