Like I said earlier, my hedgehog was on its way here
It arrived! I'm not sure if it's a boy or girl (I bought it from a pet store. Surprise, surprise, they didn't know the gender!) I have some questions!
(I'm going to call it, it since I don't know the gender right now)
1) It had a long ride to get here (2 and a half hours), should I leave it alone tonight and try to take it up tomorrow? It's terrified of me, if I put my hand a few inches away from it, it starts to hiss and curls up in a ball automatically. How can I get it to come to me? What's the best way to pick it up?
2) As soon as it started to taste its new shavings I THINK it started anointing. I'll post a picture of what it ended up putting in its bristles. http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 8982_n.jpg
It was white and frothy kind of. http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 6990_n.jpg
It ended up putting a big glob on its side.
3) What's the best way to pick it up? Should I swoop my hands on either side of it and pick up shavings and all along with it? What happens if I get it up and it begins to hiss and try to curl up?
4) When I get it up, what should I do with it? Lay it in my lap on a blanket?
5) Is this a good cage? (I paid around 150 for it) http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-OjAAEUGFBhc/T ... abitat.jpg
6) This is it's hut, it's also edible http://www.google.ca/imgres?q=edible+br ... 9,r:6,s:58
I'm sorry for all the questions, before you say that I haven't done my research, I have! I've been doing it for years
I just figured it'd be better to get some one on one answers with another hedgie owner!
Right now its huddled up outside its hut with its face dug into the shavings! It won't look at me
I just want to admire it forever! I can't wait to hold it