2x3 C&C and 150 Watt CHE not staying warm? - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DesireeM81

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2015, 11:55 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2x3 C&C and 150 Watt CHE not staying warm?

I have a almost 6 week old baby hedgie named Sprinkle. I built her a 2x3 C&C cage with a fleece bottom. I have a 150 Watt CHE keeping her warm because I keep our home around 68 degrees. I also have a towel covering half the cage that the CHE isn't on to keep the heat in but I still came out last night to check on her and the temp read 69! I ordered the bulb from Amazon and it has a small chip in it, as well as a purple looking spot so I'm thinking it may be used and not working correctly. Has anyone else ever had a problem like this? I don't see how it's getting that low with the probe is only a foot or so away from the CHE and my house is only a degree cooler then it's reading. Do you think it's working properly? I'm going to exchange it regardless but I'm wondering if I should order another lamp or if this one just isn't working correctly. Thanks!
Vad1988 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2015, 01:17 PM   #2 (permalink)

A 2x3 definitely needs two lamp. I have four 2x3's and I use two lamps for two of them and a space heater for the other two. Two of my hedgehogs are temp sensitive while two of mine prefer it on the cooler side. I would definitely get a another lamp and a 100 watt bulb should be fine. You can even downgrade the lamp size to a 8.5 inches, which is what I do.
Vad1988 likes this.
DesireeM81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in