Bad Service for ReptiTemp from Reptile Island - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2010, 09:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Bad Service for ReptiTemp from Reptile Island

So I ordered my Zoo Med ReptiTemp 500R Remote Sensor Thermostat from Reptile Island by folowing the link here and I ordered on Sept 11 with 3 -5 day shipping and guess, what, 10 days later NADA.

I tried tracking it but it showed it had never been taken to the Post Office. When I contacted the seller, they said, "Oh this flagged with us too, we are looking into it." That was yesterday -still havent' gotten back to me. Amazon says I can file a complaint on the 24th. I just wanted everyone to know that it happened in case when you go to order one it comes up Reptile Island as the seller.

Until it arrives (if ever) or I order another one we are all staying at a balmy 75 in the house to keep Sam happy.

I should send them my heating bill...

Just wanted you all to know!
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2010, 03:31 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Bad Service for ReptiTemp from Reptile Island

Ok since you brough this topic up...I too followed the links on here to properly set-up a heating system for my two girls as this will be their first winter.

The links all worked perfectly (thank you), as well as the photos and instructions. I landed on Amazon and ordered the thermostat, CHE and dome from 3 different vendors. All the confirmations arrived that they were being shipped except for the CHE. 4 days later the thermostat and hood arrive and still no CHE. I call the company direct (Entirely Pets) and they tell me that the CHE is on back order and will likely be another 2-3 weeks. Helllooo could no one email me of the status? So I cancel that order and called 9 different pet supply places around me and either they are sold out, or just don't carry them. Of course, now I am frustrated and more than concerned about the temp. in the cage.

I decide to drive to one particular pet store chain that I could not reach on the phone and as if the hedgehog gods were with me, there on a clearance shelf are not one, but two 100w Zoo Med CHE's. And they were priced at $8.00 each So in the long run it did work out even better than I could have hoped...
Xena is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in