White pimple dot on face - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2015, 07:17 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default White pimple dot on face

Pepita is 6 months old and has been living with me for almost a week. I have been constantly improving her cage so its taking time for her to adjust, but from what I can tell she is already pretty comfortable with me handling her. She eats Friskies kitten food(1 tbsp each night), and drinks water from a bowl. I have recently changed her bedding to fleece but she doesnt poo or pee on it yet (Ive seen her do it yesterday when I woke her up and the pee and poo were fine). Okay now onto the main problem, she has developed this small white bump or dot (see pics) on her face next to her nose that wasnt there before.

Shes still active and healthy but Im worried about her since cancer is so prevalent (and vets here in the philippines are VERY hard to find). Ive read about similar issues in the forums and theirs turned out to be abcesses, however thr bump is really small so idrk what it is. It's too small to feel if it's squishy or not but from what I can feel it feels like there isnt even any bump.

The only things I could think of was her biting and tearing off toilet paper rolls( I took them out but I got a thicker one and cut it lengthwise so now she just playfully sticks her head in it), perhaps something to do with the recent change of bedding, or the fact that she escaped from her cage a few nights ago, but I found her hiding in my pants next to her cage. (I got her a bigger cage with higher walls to make sure this never happens again.)

I gave her a bath yesterday with just water and scent free mild baby soap (to try and make her poop because I was worried since she wasnt pooping for 2 days but she's fine). As for exercise, I make sure she gets as much as she can but since I still dont have a wheel for her I'm also concerned(CSBWs arent available here, I made a diy wheel but its not yet done since its too small and noisy). I always make sure to spot clean her cage and to change her liners if necessary. Ive given her some toys to play with as well like small plastic balls or ping pong balls which she doesnt really like. She gets enough sleep as well.

That's about all I can say and Im really sorry it's a long post for just a white dot but Im just concerned. She doesnt really mind it even if I touch it but it's alarming. I hope you guys can help a new owner! Here are pictures of her:

http://s21.postimg.org/xldy74xuf/20150201_075121.jpg
http://s15.postimg.org/cmdxg0he3/20150201_075130.jpg

Last edited by Syelerion; 01-31-2015 at 07:20 PM.
Syelerion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in