clingy and green poop - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2015, 04:51 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default clingy and green poop

Hi, I'm getting a little worried about my hedgehog Chu. She's 6 months old and I just got her back from my sister after returning from a vacation. It's been 3 days since I got her back and she's been way clingy. She is wanting to cuddle more and she hasn't used her wheel since she came back home. She's eating fine and she doesn't look like she's hurt, but she just pooped green poop and I'm starting to get worried. Any idea on what I should try? Should I take her to the vet or am I worrying too much?
kaya90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2015, 12:49 PM   #2 (permalink)

She may be a bit stressed out from the moving around, hedgies are known to react with a bit of runny poop when stressed.Does she look lethargic to you? Check the temperature of her cage and make sure it is good Get back into her routine as quickly as possible, hedgies can go down hill really quickly. Does she have a runny nose or is sneezing a lot. If you are worried and can afford it then why not go to the vet for peace of mind.
phoenix1964 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2015, 11:25 PM   #3 (permalink)

she doesn't have a runny nose and doesn't sneeze. I keep the room warm and she's getting enough sleep but seems lethargic. When should I worry?

Old 01-10-2015, 12:42 PM   #4 (permalink)

How warm is the room and how do you heat it
Old 01-11-2015, 01:42 PM   #5 (permalink)

room is around 74. I have a space heater that I use. It wasn't a problem before so I don't think that's the reason
Old 01-11-2015, 04:00 PM   #6 (permalink)

No, that should be okay, but if your sister had her room warmer then she might have become used to that.
Has she shown any improvement?
Old 01-11-2015, 06:29 PM   #7 (permalink)

I told her to set it around 74 also. Chu was fine when she was at her house. She's still eating but still not using her wheel and isn't running around as she used to
I'm thinking of getting carolina storm wheel and see if she'll like that. Thanks for your replies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in