Not Running as Much - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2011, 11:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to sweetergrrrl
Default Not Running as Much

Hello everyone,

My boyfriend and I have recently moved into a house! YAY :P But, my little Brillo has taken the news a little harder.

He is eating well and drinking fine, but he seems a little more grouchy then he used to and he is not running in his wheel as much. He dosn't mind being held but he is freaking out more about being picked up then he used to.

He dosn't have any real quill loss that I can see, and his ears, nose and eyes look alright to mee but my boyfriend says he licks his nose more often. >_< I really don't think he does.

Brillo has his own room now, but there is a celing fan in there which is a concept he hasn't dealt with in over a year. Could it be a new environment that is causing him to not run as much? The room is toasty around 75 all day.

Little help anyone?

sweetergrrrl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2011, 11:49 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Puffers315
Default Re: Not Running as Much

How long have you been in the new place? They are really not fans of changing places, even though its the same cage, the new house is going to smell different, which might be why he isn't running as much. I'd say he's fine if he's eating and drinking his usual and not sneezing, he'll calm down once he gets use to his new surroundings.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:09 AM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to sweetergrrrl
Default Re: Not Running as Much

We moved in to the new place on the first of the month so almost 3 weeks. We are still moving things around a bit, and it smells nothing like our old apartment. He isn't sneezing at all...That is unless we "boop" his nose lol and he isn't all that fond of being "Booped" but their little noses are just SO CUTE!

We are in Tampa, and it got cold for a week and a half (sorry friends up North ) We had him by the heater so he would stay warm. But we are a little worried that he got chilled durring the day. (The house stayed in the mid-70s during the day and we turned the heater off while we wern't home. This place was built in the 50s and we have discovered some faulty wiring so we didn't want to leave the heater on while no one was home...)

sweetergrrrl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in