Abondining hedgehog (please help) - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

Like Tree29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2014, 07:51 AM   #1 (permalink)

Exclamation Abondining hedgehog (please help)

Hello,everyone.
I'm a boy and i'm 13 years old,before i bore you out with my hedgehog info,please take you're time and reply! this means the world to me.

I wanted a pet,my whole life!So we got one after 10030249 years of waiting.
Since my mom is allergic to every pet we got a hedgehog and she wasn't!
and i loved hedgehogs i was happiest person alive (few months ago)
now we wen't to store and bought a wild baby hedgehog.

in my country they don't do pet sellings like that,i live in a poor country,anyways we bought this hedgehog,and i took care of it. i raised it.
it was really sad and MAD as **** in it's small cage so i decided to give it all my room space and take responsobilty.

now i know this may not be the topic,i'm really new but my hedgehog is EUROPEAN hedgehog.
anyways i love it,we all care for it.
but i don't know my heart brakes seeing it just running around and i cry alot,at nights. i just can't hold my self.his name is luna btw.
IT BITES ALOT omg,it's happy,sad,mad,HAPPIEST hedgehog doesn't matter it loves to bite.
(i think it's because it's a wild european hedgehog)

now,after a year my family is gonna move,and i need to bring my hedgehog somewhere,this isn't a country where people would adopt a HEDGEHOG they would be like daaa ****?

Anyways,it's quills are coming off once i pet it,not alot but much.
and once we're gonna move i'm planning to bring it to the "village" forest but i don't know if it'll be safe there,will it feed in or somethhing? since it was stolen from the person who sold it,from it's mother it wouldn't be able to learn much AT ALL.so i'm worried it'll get hurt.

PLEASE I BEG YOU,TAKE YOU'RE TIME AND REPLY!
I can't let my little guy be in a bad position!
LunaSweetie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2014, 03:16 PM   #2 (permalink)

Hey, not trying me to be mean but I'm having a hard time understanding what you're trying to express and I'm sure others are too.
If you could clear up on what the question is I would love to come back and answer to the best of my ability
NewHedgieOwner100 likes this.
Old 11-10-2014, 03:54 PM   #3 (permalink)

Is he trying to say he has a European Hedgehog and he's moving so he's going to let it go in the wild??
Katten likes this.
MomLady is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2014, 04:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Administrator

Dgameman1 I have deleted your post. This is a family friendly forum and we do NOT allowing swearing. Your post was rude and insulting and this will not be tolerated.
Nancy, Lilysmommy and Dgameman1 like this.

http://www.quillsnthings.webs.com
nikki is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2014, 04:51 PM   #5 (permalink)

If you will, please clarify what you are asking. We would love to help you!

NewHedgieOwner100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2014, 04:51 PM   #6 (permalink)

Sorry about the earlier post.
It'll help us if you can tell us where you live?
Old 11-10-2014, 05:59 PM   #7 (permalink)

In which country do you live?

In most European countries it's illegal to keep wild European hedgehogs. They are wild animals, not domesticated and aren't meant to be pets.
Some countries have hedgehog/wild animal rescue centres. Is there something like that where you live? They might be able to take the hedgehog in.

Do you have a garden at your new place?

Draenog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2014, 06:20 PM   #8 (permalink)

From what I gathered (and let me know if I'm off on anything!): You bought a European hedgehog but now that your family is planning on moving, you're considering on releasing Luna into the wild but are concerned about how he would fare on his own?

To be honest, if your hedgehog is domesticated and used to receiving food from humans instead of scavenging for itself, I don't know if Luna would do well in wild. Maybe one of the admins could speak more on this, but this is just something I would assume.
xorenaa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2014, 07:48 PM   #9 (permalink)

Please tell us what country you live in.
Please do not release your hedgehog into the wild

coffeebean is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2014, 10:42 PM   #10 (permalink)

LunaSweetie, you are a very young boy who has taken on quite the responsibility. My best guess is that you are somewhere in the European area and have taken in a wild animal. Your family is moving and you will be required to get rid of your beloved hedgehog.

You have a few choices. You can donate Luna to a zoo or wild animal nursery. There, he will be cared for properly. You can find a local animal rescue center to surrender him to. You can locate someone with a license to house wild animals to take Luna in. Or, perhaps as a last resort, you could ship him to America to someone who can properly take care of him.

I am not 100% sure if you can do the last option, as that would be quite the long journey for your hedgie, and someone would need to be with it throughout the trip to make sure he is safe and warm. I am not even sure if it would be legal, but if you surrendered him to an American zoo, I'm sure they'd take him in.

If you release Luna into the wild, your are guaranteeing his demise. He does not know how to fend for himself and would surely parish. You and your family have taken on a great responsibility taking care of Luna. Now, if you can no longer care for him, you need to surrender him to humans who can take care of him. Best of luck to you and Luna.
MistyDay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
abandoning., european hedgehog, please help, quills

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in