Weird stuff: Ishaw didn't wheel last night - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2011, 11:51 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Weird stuff: Ishaw didn't wheel last night

Ishaw is resting on my lap right now. I've inspected his legs, his feet... He is fine. He's been running all night, every night since I got him in November. Cage temperature is 74. Food is good quality in right proportion of protein, fat and fiber. I just gave him a bit of peanut butter and he anointed a bit. I guess I should not worry because he's been eating well, but it's a shock for me to find he hasn't use his wheel yesterday. We'll see what happens tonight.
Karine =^_^= is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2011, 12:32 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Weird stuff: Ishaw didn't wheel last night

Snarf has been goofy with his wheeling lately...normally runs 8 miles a night but for the past week, ran only 1 - 3 miles and a couple times less than a mile . Last night he started early & ended early and ran about 5 miles.

There is NO rhyme or reason and he's fine otherwise: feet/legs are fine; eats a lot; as social as he usually is; cage heat & light fine; even the weather doesn't seem to wonky??

I would say keep an eye on Ishaw...it could be the usual: I am a hedgie and it has been at least two days since I worried my human, so I must try something new...
Old 02-08-2011, 12:44 PM   #3 (permalink)

Norman has had a night or two where he hasn't wheeled as well. His nails and feet were fine, ate well, watered, warm, and was his usual happy little self. I think he just didn't feel like wheeling those nights and changed up his night routine for something a little different - by kicking most of the litter out of the tray. It could be that some nights they either want a rest or just a small break from their usual running routine.
Nebular is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2011, 12:47 PM   #4 (permalink)

I don't know how Snarf had any time to wheel last night. Normally, his cage looks untouched except for a poopy wheel. Somehow, last night, on top of running 5 miles, he emptied his litter pan - most of it into his rock garden...How???? Food everywhere...water spilled...fleece strips everywhere...his hedgie bag normally does not move - it was across the cage & inside out....How??

I think Cholla and Ralph were here again...<sigh>...*shaking head*
Old 02-08-2011, 01:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
Master Breeders

Check the wheel and make sure it's turning freely.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:10 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to pooka dotted

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissC
I don't know how Snarf had any time to wheel last night. Normally, his cage looks untouched except for a poopy wheel. Somehow, last night, on top of running 5 miles, he emptied his litter pan - most of it into his rock garden...How???? Food everywhere...water spilled...fleece strips everywhere...his hedgie bag normally does not move - it was across the cage & inside out....How??

And I think the pre-drinking happened at fuzzies cage... Also fleece strips everywhere and dragged under her liner (Where I found her this morning) house was tipped over, and kibble crnuchies littered the place... *Facepalm* I really have to learn to lock my door.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:20 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissC

Must have been Cholla!
Looking at the state of Ralph's wheel this morning, he was definitely here...maybe everyone passed through on their way to Snarf's.....
It did sound like he was wheeling like a thing possessed last night - his wheel squeaks, thats's how we know he's out - although for all i know, maybe he has his wheel hooked up to a mechanical contraption so we think he's wheeling in the dark when in actual fact, he's out partying hearty with the Hercs, Snarfs, Fuzzies and Chollas of the 'hood.....

As for Ishaw...it "sounds" like everything else is ok...for sure keep an eye on him though, it could just have been his night off...or like Larry mentioned maybe his wheel was a bit stuck....
Old 02-11-2011, 03:37 PM   #8 (permalink)

Just so you know, it was just a one night thing!
Ishaw is so busy, I'm glad he took a "day" off...
Karine =^_^= is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in