Crowley update- panic level decreased to 3 out of full blown - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By Crowley is loved
  • 1 Post By coffeebean
  • 2 Post By gracefulchaos01

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2014, 08:21 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Crowley update- panic level decreased to 3 out of full blown

alright ! to all who helped out and know whats going, first- i apologize for all the panicky posts everywhere :P Im still new to the whole hedgehog thing and this was my first time away from her for any time longer than a 12 or so hours period. secondly i'd like to thank you all for your wonderful advice and understanding (and for not making me feel stupid for panicking)

ok so updates:

Im home as of midnight last night. I left earlier than i was gonna but im glad i did.

The fleas are being taken care of on the friend i was staying with's dog.

the clothes and luggage from the trip are now in garbage bags in the trunk of my car waiting to be taken to a laundry mat for cleaning.

none of the fleas seem to have made it into the house so, so far i have dodged that bullet.

Crowley HAS eaten on her own and in front of me TWICE since iv been home so im gonna put off the syringe feeding for now and just count her kibble and see if she goes back to normal on her own.

other than she needed a bath and having a small scratch on her front belly Crowley seems in perfect health. (but im still keeping my eye out on her)

Crowley got a bath and (for the first time ever *scary* ) her nails clipped!

so all in all, Crowley is fine and i think we both just need some time to re-bond after so long apart and get back into our usual routine.

I believe Crowley was just upset about me suddenly being gone for so long and than having a different routine while i was gone- so hopefully going back to normal helps.

anyway, so yeah, most of the panic is gone- things seem fine and I'll keep you guys posted on her progress. and thanks again- i can't begin to tell you guys just how much you'v all helped me!!!!!!! love you guys!!!!!! <3
Crowley is loved is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2014, 09:06 AM   #2 (permalink)

i still can't believe my luck though :P the first time i have to leave her - that i end up having to almost deal with a flea infestation and a depressed hedgeie!

urgh! why can't the bad stuff wait until i have a backup plan so that im not running around in a very 'chicken with it's head chopped off' fashion worrying that i messed up. (i'v had hundreds of other pets that im almost an expert on, but iv never owned a hedgehog before so everything is new)

the worst kind of pain is feeling like you've somehow caused your pets to suffer because you did something wrong or didn't know how to handle something that happened.
( whether it was actually your fault or not)

urgh! i felt like the worst mommy in the world :/

but im sooo happy that everything turned out fine in the end and now i know better
Crowley is loved is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2014, 09:40 AM   #3 (permalink)

Glad things wilbe ok
Crowley is loved likes this.
coffeebean is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2014, 08:10 PM   #4 (permalink)

I get panic and anxiety attacks a lot and because I am unmedicated I have to really make a plan or be clearly aware of what is going on so I can try to keep the attack in a manageable proportion. It takes practice. Lots and lots of practice.
~laughs~ chicken with its head cut off is what those things are all about for me. Everything goes haywire. It's crazy.
Just remember the next time a "thing" happens, don't panic because if you panic, you aren't helping your baby or yourself. There will be plenty of time later to have a private breakdown.

gracefulchaos01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in