Hedgehog Central banner

Aloe vera used on bald euro hedgie-what about pygmys?

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Nancy 
#1 ·
Ok, now i've read the thread asking if aloe vera is toxic and i also know that wild european hedgies are completely different to our little babies, but was just wondering what the thoughts on this were.

Here is the story of Spud: http://www.sttiggywinkles.org.uk/spud.html :shock:

It doesn't say in the story but i called Tiggywinkles to ask what they used & how he was getting on. Turned out he had mites (as well as other things) and that after a lot of love and treatment was now nearly back to normal. The thing they found that worked best was Aloe Vera for animals.

You can buy different aloe products for animals and apparently you can water some down in a bath.

What does everyone think?

#2 ·
Thought i would try one more time! ;)

I only persist because of my continued battle to stop Henry going bald. Aveeno bath oil seems to make his quills fall out?! Tried it twice now with only little drops, first time he lost about 25quills, 2nd time about 15. Decided to stop using it now! :roll:

Been on the fish oil for about a week so still persisting with that.

#3 ·
I can't offer any advice on Aloe because I have heard both that it is fine and that it is toxic. Which is right, I don't know but I've always gone with the saying, "when in doubt, don't".

I've lost track as to what all has been done. My Emma went bald and it was hormonal caused by endometrial overgrowth. That certainly isn't his problem but hormonal could be a possibility

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.