My bad vet experience! HELP!! - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2009, 02:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

Talking My bad vet experience! HELP!!

Hi, I just bought a hedgehog off of craigslist yesterday and come to find out he is infested with mites. I just took him to the vet and he didn't know what he was doing and was very quick to want to inject him w/ Invermectin. Not to mention that he also tried to tell me that he must have FLEAS?!?! This vet(Bingle Veterinary Clinic in Houston, Tx.) is one that I got off of the vet list on this website. He was very condescending especially when I asked him about Revolution. He asked ME how much he should give my hedgie-etc which I guess was all just part of him being a dick because I told him that Invermectin is known to kill hedgies.

Anyway, he did tell me I was welcome to go home and find out what kind and how much Revolution I needed and that he would see if he had any or write me a perscription.. I thought about it, but after all that I don't think I even want to go back to him. PLEASE consider taking him off your vet list. He straight up admitted to me that he doesn't know much about hedgies and doesn't know why he would be listed on this website.

So now I still have a hedgie who is infested w/ mites. I have only had him for a day, but I want to treat him asap and start bonding w/ him. I already know he definitely has mites, now he just needs to be treated properly. Advice please!!
MsKate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2009, 02:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master Breeders

Default Re: My bad vet experience! HELP!!

Most all vets carry Revolution just call another vet.
If you buy the Kitten revolution You should not need a prescription.
I would treat with revolution now and again 3-4 weeks later.

Here is the sticky nancy posted
Report this postReply with quoteRevolution dosage
by Nancy on Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:45 am

The correct dosage for Cat and kitten Revolution is .01 ml per 400g.

The location can be either between the shoulder blades, or behind the ear. Rarely does Revolution cause side effects and if so, it is usually a bit of skin irritation. I put the drop between the shoulder blades because if it does cause irritation, it is more difficult for them to reach that area to scratch. Make sure the drop goes on bare skin.

.01 (point, zero, one) ml is the first small line on a 1 ml/cc needle.

I use a syringe with needle on to suck up the correct amount from the vial. Then I take the needle part off and stick the tip of the syringe against his skin.* * * Nancy * * *

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in