Not Quite Sure - Page 2 - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2020, 04:25 AM   #11 (permalink)
Ria

Quote:
Originally Posted by OddDarkMatter91 View Post
Ok I’m gonna start stressing again.

Igor just completely lost control of his bladder and bowel movement.

He was lying next to me in my bed like every day, and was cuddling me. All of a sudden I smelled something, and I knew he did a number two. I checked and he urinated aswell. But the placement of both excretions looked normal, so I thought nothing of it. I went and cleaned it up.

When I came back to lie down, there was more. Feces came out while he was walking, and there was urine patches everywhere, the whole bed full. I started becoming curious. I cleaned as much as I could and put him in my gran’s bed while the bed covers were being changed.

When I went to go get him, there was also a urine patch in my gran’s bed, and as I picked him up, he was still urinating in my hands. I immediately got a bowl of warm, shallow water ready for him and place him in, just to wash everything off, and maybe catch the last bit of urine in his bladder.

Afterwards I dried him, and wrapped him in a towel and placed him back in my bed. It’s still cold after all. A few seconds later, there was a urine patch on the towel.

He calmed down now and is sleeping in the towel. Doesn’t seem to leak anymore.

It feels like everything is just going downhill and I’m panicking. He’s two and 7 months. It can’t be his time yet. Next week Tuesday, my mom gets her pay. So I have till then to observe him and keep him ok.

I’m so frustrated, he did ok, became lethargic, became ok again, and now this?! I feel terrible. I don’t know if he’s in pain, or suffering at the moment. I don’t know how to make everything better for him.

I’m sorry for my rant, I just wanted to give an update of what just happened.
Are you sure he lost control and didn't just need to go more? Give it time, I know you said he was still pooing normally, but if he wasnt as active and is being more active again now he may need to go a little more than before. Don't rush and don't stress give it a couple days of him being warmer back to his normal behaviour, and see if this settles back to normal.
Ria is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2020, 04:30 AM   #12 (permalink)

Ok, yeah, you’re right. I’ll give it time. I’m sorry if I’m annoying 😅 I’m just really paranoid
OddDarkMatter91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2020, 04:43 AM   #13 (permalink)
Ria

Its fine honestly! Everyone gets paranoid, sometimes you just need someone to reassure you. When your really worried you don't really think about these things. Happens to a lot of people.

Old 07-22-2020, 08:32 PM   #14 (permalink)

Have there been any updates on Igor since your post on the 17th?
Vallyrie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2020, 07:18 PM   #15 (permalink)

Ah none that I’ve posted no. 😂 my apologies.

Igor’s back to normal! It’s gotten warmer, he’s gotten back to being huffy and puffy, even bit my foot again for no reason whatsoever.

Everything’s perfectly fine, and I’ve been relieved that everything’s ok. Thank you so much for asking, and caring, aswell as staying in touch. I appreciate it greatly!
Old 07-24-2020, 04:11 AM   #16 (permalink)
Ria

I figured as much as there was no more posts from you about it. You only seem to post about it when your worried and forget to come back and say hes fine😂 I got used to that fast. See I told you it was more than likely all the cold and nothing seriously wrong.
Old 07-24-2020, 09:37 AM   #17 (permalink)

Ah, sorry Ria 😂 yeah I do tend to voice my concerns before my relief. But yes, thank you for your continuous support throughout my irrational paranoia! You’re the best!
Old 07-24-2020, 09:56 AM   #18 (permalink)
Ria

Haha its fine, its more other people who care I just take no more updates from you as a good thing!
Its not irrational either, I'd be super worried about Holly if she changed to the total opposite. Its a huge thing.
And I am not that good!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in