Hedgehog Central banner

Ringworm...

863 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Brooke Lancelot 
#1 ·
Ever since I got Draco (last month) I noticed he had dry skin. So I would try to relieve it and use oil. Anyways, his ears have always been flaky I noticed since I got him. I would handle Draco a lot since he was friendly, and about 6 days ago I got something on my hand, right where my thumb joint is covering both the skin and palm of the area, a huge red raised patch of skin with a bunch of small bumps and a more clear center. So now I am scared to hold Draco cause I have a feeling that I have ringworm and it is from him, I notice him itching at night sometimes where he’ll continuously do it (he is younger so I thought quilling). He has no huge bald spots but will get dry skin and his ears are flaky. Does it sound like ringworm?

#4 ·
Its sounds to me like a reaction to the quills where he's spiked you there and then naturally your skin has reacted to it.
Or he has wee on him your reacting to that. Although if its just one spot on your thumb its would more likely be the first one if these.

But If you think its ring worm, or even you just wanna rule it out, then I agree with Nicki.

#5 ·
Those reactions that Ria spoke about happens to me too, and goodness are they irritating. It itches and burns, and when I wash my hands, it stings even more. Also, when I'm in the bath or pool, my hands start showing these white dots which are a result of Igor's quills breaking my skin.
But, I'd still rather hold a hedgehog than a spider, thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.