Help hes injured and wont eat - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2018, 05:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

Hello, my hedgehog Cookie has had trouble. He dosent eat or drink we have been feeding him baby food through a eye drop but he dosent even want to eat that. Even worse, he is weak and cant walk properly. Hes only one and hes got injures (almost like burns) with no fur and his feet are covered in blood so we wash him daily. I fear he will die very soon. He barley has any teeth and breaths heavly. He is also covered in feces and has been peeing green. This is very bad.Please Help. This has been going on for 3 week. We cant take him to vets right now I just hope he lasts till xmas. 😰

Last edited by I love you Cookie; 12-12-2018 at 05:39 PM.
I love you Cookie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2018, 09:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

Ok a couple questions. What is causing the hair loss and sores on the feet? What type of bedding are you using? Some types like cedar can cause allergic reations and hair loss. The oils in some wood bedding is very hard on the skin. Have you tried feeding warm canned cat food watered down a little, and maybe put just a little honey in with it too, with the eyedropper? If he is not eating how is he getting covered in feces? What has happened with his teeth ? If he is only one year old he shouldnt have teeth problems unless hes been on extremly hard food.
belties is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2018, 09:45 AM   #3 (permalink)

He sleeps on blankets ( we dont use scented laundry detergent) he eats mealworms,sweetcorn,peas and carrots -hes very picky. He has been eating but not as much and he is much skinner hes not starving but its not enough food to function with. But, this dosent matter anmore i loved him so much but he died yesreday R.I.P Cookie this is hard to cope with i allways think about him. Anyways Thanks.
I love you Cookie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in