Odd Huffing Noises While Sleeping - Hedgehog Central – Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2018, 10:25 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Odd Huffing Noises While Sleeping

I just got my new baby Alfie today and he seemed fine until he started going to sleep in his cage. He makes a huge difference and puffing noise as if someone is handling him even though he's asleep. I plan on making him a vet appointment as soon as possible as to make sure he's okay since I just got him anyway but I was wondering if anyone else had ever dealt with this or could possibly help with any ideas as to what this could be? It goes at the same rate as a person's heart beat while he breathes curled up in his igloo and seemed absolutely fine otherwise apart from the occasional sneeze
it_tannernanner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2018, 01:28 PM   #2 (permalink)

Is he doing this all the time or just occasionally? Hedgehogs will make noises in their sleep when they are dreaming, it can be a huffing sound or even screaming.

Draenog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central – Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in