my small hedgie is throwing up - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2018, 02:40 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default my small hedgie is throwing up

hello! so my hedgie is 10 weeks old and i have her for 5 days. she's been doing fine, she's very friendly and curious, however yesterday i let her ate and drink and after that i took her out of the cage, as i did the day before. however, this time when i tried to take her from the cage with the tshirt that it was in the cage, she was curled up into a bowl and managed to fell on the ground and rolled a bit. don't worry though, it was aproximately a 6 inch fall. after that, she walked for a bit and she started vomiting. i cleaned everything up, and played a little bit with her, blaming that it was my fault that she fell and trew up and putted her back in her cage. today i noticed that everything was fine, like she was eating and drinking as usual and i waked her up because my grandpa was visiting my house and wanted to see her (it was the first time i ever woke her up). i did it by slowly petting her and doing some belly rubs because she's not always sleeping into a ball. when i thought she woke up, i tried and take her out but she hurt me with her quills so i let her down. after that, i finally managed to wake her up, i letted her eat and drink, and i waited a few minutes to let her digest everything. i took her out of the cage with my tshirt, again, and i noticed that she was shaking a bit and she didn't ran as much. she started walking eventually, i let her play with the tshirt for a bit and i picked her up from there so she can hopefully run. however, she threw up again, not as much as yesterday though. my grandpa told me that it's probably because when i picked her up i touched her stomich, but i honestly don't know. tomorrow i will go with her to the vet and if she is sadly, going to past away, i have 2 days left where i can either buy another hedge, or get the money back. i'm blaming everything on me and i feel horrible. i have her for less then a week but i'm so attached to her.
i also want to mention that she's eating the same cat food the breeder gave her
please help me and sorry for my bad english 😞
hi :3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2018, 03:08 PM   #2 (permalink)

i want to also mention that i picked her up with a scooping motion but i was also putting only my fingers on her belly and i didn't actually put my palm. is this why she's vomiting?
also i checked on her and she was in a ball, not sleeping, but shaking. i'm really scared
Old 08-13-2018, 03:40 PM   #3 (permalink)

oh and one more thing that i noticed is that when i woke her up today (before i took her out), i just moved her dishes really close to her so that she could eat and drink because she was just standing there for a few seconds (idk just a small detail i though i could also tell)
and one more thing is that she sleeps a lot. eveb during night time. and as i'm writing this she sneezed a few times. is she sick or something or is this normal?

Old 08-13-2018, 03:47 PM   #4 (permalink)

oh actually now that i'm thinking about it, i think that she didn't ate right away she woke up because she ate like 4 hours before and she usually yawns and streches before she starts moving

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in