HELP , skin / anus? Got stuck on prop part of wheel!! - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2018, 12:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default HELP , skin / anus? Got stuck on prop part of wheel!!

Hello I’m very new but I have an emergency, I used a silent runner(I’m getting a Carolina storm now) but the wheel would always fall of the prop so now for the crazy scary part , in the middle of the night I’m assuming his wheel fell of the prop and the open part was face down so he could crawl onto it, and I’m guessing that’s exactly what he did then he climbed up onto the prop part, got his skin or anus stuck I can’t tell and his skin was so stretched it was like a thin film of clouded plastic almost whenever I first found him I thought he was dead, but he was alive, just very stressed. When I found him I freaked out and started to slowly take off the prop from his skin. I don’t know if that was the smartest thing to do. Next thing I did was inspect it on his terms,(trying not to stress him out anymore, I didn’t touch it just looked at it) It looked like a ball of Redness and was about the size of a nickel but also about a quarter inch off his normal stomach and I’m pretty sure his anus was at the tip of the swelling so I can’t tell whether it was or not. I told my parents to take me to the vet, they told me to just wait a couple days and see what happens.(I’m 14) what should I do?
Shakespeare is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2018, 12:51 PM   #2 (permalink)

Picture number 1 is how the wheel and prop were positioned when I found him picture number 2 is a rough sketch of how I found him on the prop(with labels to avoid confusion) keep in mind I could see the white of the prop through his skin so that’s why I drew it that way, it did not impale him though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image_1528559141312.jpg (116.0 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg image_1528559379382.jpg (79.4 KB, 18 views)
Shakespeare is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2018, 09:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Administrator

If there is significant swelling and redness around the anus he needs to see a vet. It could prevent him from defecating and cause an infection

http://www.quillsnthings.webs.com
nikki is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in