Weird behavior!!! Please help! - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2018, 01:09 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Weird behavior!!! Please help!

Hello! My hedgie Boris is about 3 and has been acting a bit odd recently. Usually he’s a friendly, curious guy who loves to run and play. For the past week or so though, he’s been really grumpy and jumpy. He hasn’t run on his wheel or even got out much. He does sleep in the open in random places though which is odd. Sometimes he just lays there with his eyes open which freaks me out. Hes been eating and drinking and pooping normally. He has dry skin on his face but hasn’t been scratching. I recently bathed him with flax oil too so I don’t know why that’s happening. His ears look normal and free of mites. His little tiny hand is a bit darker pink than normal. He’s lost a few quills with bulbs so it’s natural. I thought that he was quilling but the other symptoms don’t seem to fit in with this so I just want to make sure everything is alright.

Oh also we recently moved to a different location with lots of weird smells including that of a scary dog. Is he scared? Which should I do!!

Please help me. Thank you.
Shnoushnou is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2018, 03:57 AM   #2 (permalink)

Since you just moved, I wouldn't be worried just yet. Hedgehogs have a very good sense of smell and he probably does smell all those weird and new things. Yes, he is probably scared, but that is normal. I would give him some time, maybe a couple weeks to even a month before he starts acting his chipper self again. Just keep watch for any signs of distress or illness. If nothing else is out of the ordinary, I wouldn't worry.

autumnfox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in