Stressed - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By autumnfox
  • 1 Post By nikki

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2018, 10:52 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Stressed

So idk what to do anymore I’m already giving up on my hedgehog. Today after her oatmeal bath she fell off my bed now it’s making me feel terrible and she’s still itching after the bath which makes me feel a lot worse. I failed her as a owner I’m trying my best but this is all new to me all of this makes me wanna have a break down.
LilHeggiezelda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2018, 11:20 PM   #2 (permalink)

Why the sudden change of heart? You only got her about 2 weeks ago, correct? What is making you so stressed that you suddenly want to give up on her?

autumnfox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2018, 08:14 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnfox View Post
Why the sudden change of heart? You only got her about 2 weeks ago, correct? What is making you so stressed that you suddenly want to give up on her?

Its a month now since weve had her, After this fall and her bath being a fail it seem to not help her at all so It brought me down like Im a failer. I have to wait till Im off to bring her up to the vet so that leaves me playing Russian Roulette with my hedgehogs life.

Old 05-11-2018, 10:26 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjskates View Post
Its a month now since weve had her, After this fall and her bath being a fail it seem to not help her at all so It brought me down like Im a failer. I have to wait till Im off to bring her up to the vet so that leaves me playing Russian Roulette with my hedgehogs life.

You cant fix the past now so its not worth getting all upset....how was the bath supposed to help?..I dont get what you were trying to do...anyways all you can do is bring your hedgehog to the vet asap if shes having issues....and next time supervise her when shes on your bed[/QUOTE]

I read that oatmeal baths help with itching shes been itching a lot and yeah I will if anything else happens today shes been pretty okay still eating and checked her poo no blood so good sign
Old 05-11-2018, 10:56 AM   #5 (permalink)

Maybe she has mites...idk...if you don’t think it’s just dried skin it wouldn’t hurt to take her into a vet
Mjskates is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2018, 05:37 AM   #6 (permalink)

On April 29th you said you got your hedgehog just a few days ago, so that would mean you’ve only had her for about 2 weeks if what you said on that post was correct. Even still, a month is quite a short time.

I’m still not understanding why you are so stressed and ready to give up on her. Just because she is itching and fell off your bed? If you suspect she has mites, a simple trip to the vet can take care of that. Mites are just about the least of your problems when it comes to hedgehogs, so I hope you can have more patience in the future for bigger issues yet to come.
nikki likes this.

Last edited by autumnfox; 05-12-2018 at 05:40 AM.
autumnfox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2018, 04:15 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilHeggiezelda View Post
So idk what to do anymore I’m already giving up on my hedgehog. Today after her oatmeal bath she fell off my bed now it’s making me feel terrible and she’s still itching after the bath which makes me feel a lot worse. I failed her as a owner I’m trying my best but this is all new to me all of this makes me wanna have a break down.
You should probably not have a hedgehog. They do stupid stuff sometimes, and if scratching and falling off the bed stresses you out, you need a different pet. my hedgehog used to climb into my bed, run around, poop, and then jump off in the middle of the night. Also, the scratching could be that your hedgehog is quilling. Seriously though, if you don't think you can handle 6-8 years of this, you really should consider a different pet. It's too easy to give up on a pet and then never take care of it, and that's not okay.
Zoob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2018, 07:25 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoob View Post

You should probably not have a hedgehog. They do stupid stuff sometimes, and if scratching and falling off the bed stresses you out, you need a different pet. my hedgehog used to climb into my bed, run around, poop, and then jump off in the middle of the night. Also, the scratching could be that your hedgehog is quilling. Seriously though, if you don't think you can handle 6-8 years of this, you really should consider a different pet. It's too easy to give up on a pet and then never take care of it, and that's not okay.
The condescending really has to stop in this forum. The original poster is a new owner to a hedgehog and is feeling a bit nervous about the new venture. That does not mean that they “SHOULDN'T” have a pet hedgehog. The anxieties the op is feeling is not at all uncommon with a new pet.

With that said and to get back on topic, hedgehogs definitely take some getting used to. Just keep hanging in there. Socializing hedgies takes time. I promise you’ll get through all the anxiety you feel with your new pet.
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2018, 07:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
Administrator

If you look at the only member that said they "shouldn't have a hedgehog" is a new member who only has 2 posts on the forum. I'm hoping the OP will listen to the members who have more experience and are more understanding.
Yukidama's mama likes this.

http://www.quillsnthings.webs.com
nikki is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2018, 07:34 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki View Post
If you look at the only member that said they "shouldn't have a hedgehog" is a new member who only has 2 posts on the forum. I'm hoping the OP will listen to the members who have more experience and are more understanding.
This isn’t the only topic with such attitude. Anyways I’m not arguing. Good day.
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in