My baby girl has just been diagnosed with Uterine Cancer. - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Artemis-Ichiro

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2018, 06:33 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default My baby girl has just been diagnosed with Uterine Cancer.

Hi, I'm fairly new to this forum.

My little girl is only 1 year and 4 months and just yesterday I found blood in her cage. I called the vet and got her in this morning to see a vet. After multiple tests she has been diagnosed with Uterine cancer. She couldn't see if it had spread or not. It seems to just be in the starting phase (I hope) The vet gave me medicine and told me I have two options, let the cancer spread and put her down when her health starts to decline or, get a hysterectomy. She added that the surgery can be hard on her and might not even fix the problem. She can't guarantee how much longer Luna would have if I went through with the surgery.

Now, Luna (my hedgie) is quite active, eats a lot (she's 440 grams). I haven't noticed a change in her personality. The vet was amazed on how well she was doing when she was sedated to continue tests (Luna was feisty and refused to cooperate so she had to be sedated) She has a strong healthy heart and woke up pretty quick after they were done with the tests.

I was wondering if any one had the same experience and how were their babies after the surgery? Has there been any illness after? How are your babies now?

And if her health starts to decline, how do I make her comfortable?

My heart is crushed. Shes only 1, she's way too young to be fighting cancer. I hope my baby girl can get through this. I already promised her a bunch of meal worms if she fights her way through this and stays with me. Sorry for the long post, I just want her to have the best life.
Wxlf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2018, 02:51 PM   #2 (permalink)

Sorry to hear that.

I don’t have experience with it, but many hedgies on here had had the same problem and handled surgery just fine. The fact that she’s that age and healthy otherwise is a plus for surgery.

Good luck.
nikki likes this.
Artemis-Ichiro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
blood, blood in urine, female, uterine cancer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in