I think somethings wrong with my hedgehog :( please help !! - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2017, 10:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default I think somethings wrong with my hedgehog :( please help !!

Ive had my little hedgie for 2 weeks or so, and the last 2-3 days hes barley been eating his dry food or drinking that much.. he normally eats 3/4 of his bowl and now its just 1/3 if that he is still eating his worms, he gobbles them up without even thinking, so i think thats a good sign i was thinking maybe its because hes quilling and hes sleeping a lot so i decided to wait, but i was just watching him on his wheel and noticed that his leg keeps falling off the wheel and hes almost tripping over his own feet, i may just be being paranoid as its my first hedgehog but i just want to make sure this is normal.. i took him out last night and he did fall over a couple of times but that was when i pulled the blanket closer to me so he didnt walk in his pee :/ he is still very young, 2/2 and a half months.. if anyone has some advice they could give me or knows what this could be, please message as i care so much about my animals and im worried sick
Lisaaburnett is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2017, 12:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

What's the cage temperature (not the room temp)? Does he have a light schedule? What kind of wheel does he have?

http://www.quillsnthings.webs.com
nikki is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2017, 10:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisaaburnett
Hi, i have no idea how to reply to your comment on here lol, but his cages sits at 25C
I didnt understand what you meant by light schedule :s
Hes got a plastic wheel, theres no bars or holes in it, its flat all round, thats why i found it weird when his leg kept falling off :/

To rely to a thread you just type in the reply box at the bottom of the page and hit Submit.

Hedgehogs need 12-14 hours of light a day and they need it to be consistant. This can be done by turning a normal lamp on beside the cage or turning the room light on at the same time each day and turning it off at the same time.

Try tilting the wheel a bit so its leaning back more, that should help with the slipping. How wide is the running area?

http://www.quillsnthings.webs.com
nikki is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in