injury help ! could Chloe ???be biting nails??? - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2012, 02:53 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default injury help ! could Chloe ???be biting nails???

I've noticed since our last vet visit Chloe has had two more broken front toe nails.. I removed everything hard surfaced from her cage accept her wheel and ceramic dishes with her last bigger injury.. Even removed her house.. And hiding hut.

..I have a thick fleece liners that I've checked over and over for loose threads or anything she can get caught on..the sides of her c&c have 6inch high solid boarders. Her only toys left are solid cat balls and a toilet paper roll. AND it's just her nails , they arent long and they are trim short from the vet.. But now two more cracked with little scabs.. They don't seem to hurt her when touched, they are on the opposite paw as her last. I put the healx cream on just in case ,but don't want to have to do more antibiotics ....

Is it possible she's biting them?? And biting to the point of bleeding??? Any ideas??

I've never seen her at them when she's out but she does like to dig at her blankies a lot!
newfie_nurse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2012, 12:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: injury help ! could Chloe ???be biting nails???

When I had my first hedgehog, Bean, we had all sorts of issues with her. I woke up one morning and her cage was quite bloody so of course I pick her up and she is covered in it. She didn't seem like it hurt her, she just crawled all over me so of course I was then covered in her blood. I was 14 or 15 so I go running upstairs freaking out at 3 in the morning to my mom. In the end Bean had an allergy so she was biting and biting her feet. I couldn't have been more thankful to have a family friend who has her own vet clinic. We were told it was either the shavings or the food. We changed the shavings and it seemed to fix Beans problem. Maybe Chloe developed a allergy to her food or the detergent you are using to wash her liners. Also maybe she is playing to hard ahaha. I know my new hedgehog Willow loves to scratch and can be quite aggressive while playing. Maybe Chloe is catching her nails on a groove or something in her wheel?
Viki is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in