Need answer quick! please - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2012, 10:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Need answer quick! please

SO my apartment complex is spraying for bugs in 2 days (they just notified us) and all animals have to have their cages covered. Is it ok for me to cover his entire cage with a blanket to keep the spray dust out? His cage is fairly large and almost impossible to get out of my room and I am gunna have to move it alone so if it's avoidable I would really like to just cover it. I'm really afraid to cover it and him not be able to breath. if anyone knows please help!
Cb and Greed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2012, 10:43 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Need answer quick! please

Do you know when exactly they are doing it? Do they have to do every room? Do you know what they are using?

Personally, I'd rather take the hedgie in a carrier and leave completely. Then give the cage a good wipe down and change bedding when you come back. Of course, that's only if you're able.

What are you planning to cover the cage with? And remember, anything that lets air through will probably let that bug stuff through too. So it's a really tough spot you're in. Can anyone hedgie sit for you? Just buy a large Rubbermaid and use that as a temp cage until the bug spraying is over. Then you can convert it into storage.
Immortalia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2012, 11:13 PM   #3 (permalink)

I agree. I'd feel a lot better getting hedgie out of there during the spraying. Maybe you could remove the hedgehog, cover the cage with a big plastic sheet so the spray doesn't get through the blanket, and still clean everything good when you return with hedgie.

Old 04-17-2012, 11:31 PM   #4 (permalink)

I'm not sure what they are using. They notified us today and they are spraying thursday. I'll try the rubbermaid container and cover his everyday cage, Thanx.
Cb and Greed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in