Dark Forest Green Stool.. - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2012, 06:07 PM   #1 (permalink)

Talking Dark Forest Green Stool..

He's dropped like liquidy, very shiny, dark forest green stools. I really don't know what to do, I tried to tell my mom and all she could say is , " I don't want your drama"
Rikkijk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2012, 07:35 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Dark Forest Green Stool..

I'm worried about your mom's response - if he does get sick, will you be able to get him to a vet? You should probably find out if there's a rescue in your area that can help you with vet bills or medication. It'll be really important to have that info on hand if there's an emergency.

As far as the stools go, that can be caused by different things. What's your setup like (cage, food, temperature, etc)? Has anything changed in the last week or so?
Teleute is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2012, 07:58 PM   #3 (permalink)

By liquidy, do you mean it's diarrhea? Pudding consistency? Formed but squishy?

Diarrhea can get serious quickly and if it is liquid stool, you may want to syringe feed water. Forest green poops are usually a result of a change in diet or stress, but other things could be causing it. Was it just one BM that was like that?

It is a bit worrying that your mom said that... do you depend on her for the care of your hedgie?

This message was brought to you by Mildred the Hedgehog's slave, Hannah! ^.^
hanhan27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2012, 08:01 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikkijk
He's dropped like liquidy, very shiny, dark forest green stools. I really don't know what to do, I tried to tell my mom and all she could say is , " I don't want your drama"
I understand how it feels to have your parents react that way. I've only had Diggory for like 3 weeks but whenever I mention how worried I am about anything that has to do with him they always get all frustrated. They got sick of hearing about him so quick. Probably because they didn't want me to have him in the first place and now they think I make a big deal about everything when there's nothing wrong. But this community is great to come to when you're worried and you feel like no one IRL will listen.

I cannot give you any health advice but I wanted to let you know that I understand how you feel and coming here was the right thing to do.

alyssinreality is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2012, 05:25 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanhan27
By liquidy, do you mean it's diarrhea? Pudding consistency? Formed but squishy?

Diarrhea can get serious quickly and if it is liquid stool, you may want to syringe feed water. Forest green poops are usually a result of a change in diet or stress, but other things could be causing it. Was it just one BM that was like that?

It is a bit worrying that your mom said that... do you depend on her for the care of your hedgie?
I just moved his cage in the living room, and no I clean him and feed him all by myself. I got him for my birthday, but when Im cleaning his cage I make my mom play with him. I think the best think I should do is monitor him or a couple days and see if it continues? Then go bug my mom?
Rikkijk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2012, 05:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Has he continued to have diarrhea in the two days since you first posted about this? Something like moving the cage to another room would cause some stress stools, but not outright diarrhea, and not for this long (I don't think). I'd recommend trying to syringe him some water, and a vet visit, if it's still not cleared up.

Also, Hanhan's question on whether you depend on your mom wasn't on who takes care of the hedgehog daily - it was on who pays for what he needs. If you depend on your mom for paying for a vet visit, and she decides that it's not important enough or she doesn't have the money for it, it's going to be your hedgie that suffers. That's why we're concerned about her response.

RIP my sweet Lily ~ 6/12/08 - 1/20/12
Lilysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in