Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum - View Single Post - Pstd?
Thread: Pstd?
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2019, 02:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
Elizabeth13

I adopted my baby Rain about four weeks ago. She was doing well. She was very escapie but had no problems cuddling or with bath time and loved to run around on the floor! ( And eat random things on the floor 😭[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.hedgehogcentral.com/forums/images/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif[/IMG] but suddenly overnight I whent to take her out to play and she would not unball for anything and was constantly hissing. I checked her temperature, I checked her for injury. She ate fine she ran and pooped in her wheel fine! And since with some treats while she's out I've gotten her to unball and play again but she's still jumpy at everything.
My question is could something I didn't notice have scared her? Like the neighbors being loud or maybe the cat and now she has PTSD? Because this behavior developed overnight and she's never been out alone? I'm always watching when she running around so I'm not even she what could have scared her? Her bday is may 4th so shes just a baby.
I have been giving her kibble as treats every time I take her out or interact with her and that seems to be working to get some of her chill back.
Elizabeth13 is offline   Reply With Quote