Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum - View Single Post - I need help
Thread: I need help
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2019, 08:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Aj.t

Hey there! I’d like to hear from someone else as well on the cedar planks... I’ve always been under the assumption that the chemicals they use to treat the wood when processing the shavings are what’s bad for animals, but it could potentially have something to do with the wood itself. I was looking at the enclosure though at it’s a decent size and shape, and with slight modifications if you’re into DIY, could be a really nice looking enclosure. I saw another if you scroll down the page and look at the ‘recommended’ it was a more gray looking house for only 99.99... it was thinner by like half an inch but still nice and cheaper.

https://www.chewy.com/midwest-guinea...YaAtYOEALw_wcB

That is the link to the enclosure I use, the Midwest guinea habitat. I like it because it’s simple yet gives ample living space and it’s easy to maintain. I know it does have the wire cage look, but it’s something to consider.

Another point is that hedgehogs aren’t a climbing animal by nature, so some won’t even try to climb ramps to access a second level. Every hedgehog is different, but I just wanted to let you know of the possibility of him not using it.
Hope this helps 🙂
Aj.t is offline   Reply With Quote