Hey there! If your tub of food is in an airtight container you should be good. Mites aren’t generally going to cause life threatening illnesses if ingested, but obviously steps should be taken to avoid it at all costs. If you can, look closely at the dry diet. You should be able to see small holes in each piece of kibble and you may even see the little mites crawling around. We’ve had grain mites at work before and it’s nothing too worrisome. If you find them, just bleach the container and replace the diet with new kibble. As for the wins, I’ll let another comment on this who has experience growing worms. We use superworms at work and don’t breed them, just replace them. Wish I could help here!
Hope this helps 🙂