Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum - View Single Post - 3 y/o Quill Loss
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2019, 07:34 AM   #8 (permalink)
xCrazyFlyinAcesx

I’m glad to hear that your hedgie is responding well to the treatment! Hopefully the quill loss will stop completely by the time the first dose wears off (or maybe a follow up dose may be necessary).

It has been 12 days since the Revolution mite treatment was given to my little boy, and the quill loss has not stopped. In fact, I would say that it has increased. Found about 33 quills in cleaning his cage this morning. Up from 25 a week to 33. Still no balding patches. Still happy as a clam in every respect. Even his dry skin seems to be gone, yet this problem persists.

My follow up appointment with the vet is in less than 2 weeks. I’m going to wait out the mite medicine’s dosage, see if this is just one of those “It’ll get worse before it gets better” situations. In the meantime, I will follow my vet’s advice and start to collect his lost quills again so that I have something to send out to a lab to check for skin bacterial/fungal issues.

Feeling very helpless right now, not sure what more I can do to help him.
xCrazyFlyinAcesx is offline   Reply With Quote