Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum - View Single Post - Possible URI?
Thread: Possible URI?
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2018, 09:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
kittenkarma

Exclamation Possible URI?

Hello all,

I've had my hedgehog ZhuZhu (3 years old) for about 4 months now. This evening when I went to check on him I noticed he had a bit of a runny nose (greenish grey snot blob). His activity level is normal, AKA very high. He's currently doing his favorite thing of testing the strength of his wheel by riding it as fast as it will go. He also doesn't seem to have any other symptoms to suggest a URI. He doesn't seem to be sneezing more than usual or having any difficulty breathing. While he was making unusual noises when he first woke up around 8 PM, that went away as soon as I wiped his nose, which does not seem to be making more snot as of now and is the normal pink moist hedgehog nose that I have come to love.

However, I am quite worried. From what I have read, a URI can go downhill in a hurry so I'm rather paranoid. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I'm quite worried that he may be very sick. I live in a smaller city in China at the moment so the vet care here is..... lacking at best.

If anyone has any experience or expertise with a similar issue I'd love to hear your thoughts on this.

Thanks.
kittenkarma is offline   Reply With Quote