Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum - View Single Post - My hedgehog died thismorning :(
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2018, 01:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Merley42

Default My hedgehog died thismorning :(

I have been a hedgie mama for 2 years now to Izzy. On Nov 4th we adopted Peppa,( for a fee) she never quite seemed right. She was an older hedgehog who had been used to breed. She was active and happy when we picked her up but once we got her home we discovered that her poops were very runny and she smelt really bad. I waited to take her to the vet to see if it had to do with the change of environment. I guess not and now its too late. Thismorning I found her dead in the cage. We are devastated. She was the cutest little thing, happy, busy and curious but tired. I believe the breeder knew she was sick when she gave her to us. The hedgehog I originally picked out had already found a new home but she knew I wanted another one. Im not looking to blame although I do feel I was screwed. I just wanted to vent because all you hedgie folk will understand! Im just hoping that Izzy hasn't been affected by this. They were sharing a habitat and the breeder knew that this was my plan.
We miss her already!!!
Merley42 is offline   Reply With Quote