Hedgehog Central – Hedgehog pet care & owner forum - View Single Post - Skin tags on hedgie’s face???
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2018, 08:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Heidi S

Default Skin tags on hedgie’s face???

I got my hedgehog KitKat when she was 12 weeks old. That was about a month ago. I remember mentioning at the exotic’s store where I got her that she had something on her nose and they said it was probably just some dried on food. I figured it wasn’t a big deal. I took her to an exotics vet within a week of getting her as it was a requirement of the pet store as part of her warranty. I even had an extra fecal test done to check for parasites as she is my first hedgie and I wanted to cover all the bases. She came back with a clean bill of health. The more I look at her face, the little spots that I thought could be food have never come off. It looks like dry skin. She doesn’t scratch at herself so I don’t think it’s mites. In the pictures you’ll see the real close up ones look more like lumps but they actually look like little flaps of skin that you want to just peel off. I’ve yet to give her any baths other that to clean her feet. Tonight I did put a little Neosporin on it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 702B0DC6-C8F6-4C8B-A3A3-E11BAF859AF3.jpg (101.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg EA4125CF-EA4F-4CD5-AEDC-E96D395576F1.jpg (113.8 KB, 7 views)
Heidi S is offline   Reply With Quote