Hedgehog Central banner

Ferret Nation Ferret Habitat - Model 143 *Add-On*

6K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Puffers315 
#1 ·
i see that there are many detailed posts on FN. however, i am wondering if it'd be a good idea for me to purchase *just* this add-on and use it as a standalone cage: http://www.mightypets.com/product.asp?3=2004

the reason is that we keep Sweetie's current cage on a long drawer/chest and we'd really have no use for the full FN.

what do people think? also, what is the price just for the add-on? is it really a whopping $147?

#4 ·
If the ferret nation is only $129, that is absolutely ridiculous that the add-on is more. I would shop around and see if you can find it for cheaper, if you can then sure you can just order the add-on.

I think what Larry is saying though is that if you have to pay MORE for the add-on, just get the whole thing. I'm not 100% sure on this, but I'm guessing you can take it apart, and just use the top? Then you'll have an extra bottom in case you ever decide to get another hedgie. And you're paying less anyways, so why not get more?

#5 ·
SnufflePuff said:
If the ferret nation is only $129, that is absolutely ridiculous that the add-on is more. I would shop around and see if you can find it for cheaper, if you can then sure you can just order the add-on.

I think what Larry is saying though is that if you have to pay MORE for the add-on, just get the whole thing. I'm not 100% sure on this, but I'm guessing you can take it apart, and just use the top? Then you'll have an extra bottom in case you ever decide to get another hedgie. And you're paying less anyways, so why not get more?
it's $100 here: http://www.allpetfurniture.com/asp/supe ... 36-MDW1027

#6 ·
fracturedcircle said:
SnufflePuff said:

it's $100 here: http://www.allpetfurniture.com/asp/supe ... 36-MDW1027
That's alot better! And I see it says free shipping.

#10 ·
OK, let me reword that as someone pointed out that "technically" I'm misspeaking.

The 143 comes with 4 sides, a pan and a wire floor with a cut out. You remove the top of the 142/141 and insert the before mentioned items... and then put the top back on....

So technically you would have a floor with a cut out, but no top of the cage. It really is not meant to be a stand alone item.

#11 ·
The "141" is just the bottom half, which yeah I understand you're looking for the cheaper half but as said, top half you could actually use, but as said you'd either have no floor or no top on it, as you only get that one section. If you want the cage right on the floor, the 141 could be done without the stand under it.

#13 ·
Puffers315 said:
The "141" is just the bottom half, which yeah I understand you're looking for the cheaper half but as said, top half you could actually use, but as said you'd either have no floor or no top on it, as you only get that one section. If you want the cage right on the floor, the 141 could be done without the stand under it.
I'm not familiar with the ferret nation, but if you could put the 141 straight on the floor without the stand, couldn't you also put it on a table without the stand?

#14 ·
Yeah pretty much you could sit it anywhere you want. There's really no difference between the models, except what parts come with them.

The 141 is the four walls, barred top with no opening, barred bottom with no opening, and then the 'stand' legs with a shelf, and of course the plastic tray.

The 142 is the four walls, and one barred bottom that is open in one corner, and the tray is open in the same corner (this is for access to the below section). When you add them on, you remove the top part of the 141 and replace it with the bottom of the 142, and then that top part goes on top of the 142.

I'm not sure the difference between the 142 and 143, I think actually the 141 was the original and now its just the 142 and 143, but I've also seen pictures of three cages on one unit, high ceiling in the room would be recommended, I don't think I could fit another one with 7 foot ceilings.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.