Basch's New C&C Cage! - Page 2 - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2014, 12:48 AM   #11 (permalink)

Haha! That's all right. XD I kind of freaked out thinking they gave me the whole giant roll.
My parents also reacted the same way. It was definitely an interesting way to end the night. XD
Aether likes this.
Altearithe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2014, 10:31 AM   #12 (permalink)

Nice! That vinyl sheeting is an awesome idea!
Aether likes this.

RIP Darcy (8/2010-9/10/2014)

Check out my Etsy shop for snuggle sacks and the like!
hlsiefken is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2014, 02:48 PM   #13 (permalink)

Hey Aether! I was just curious, how is Basch doing with the vinyl? Has he been able to climb at all?

Just wondering because I caught my girl climbing the side of her C&C cage, and I was about to buy the vinyl until I thought of putting cardboard behind the coroplast. Any thoughts on that?

lilsurfergrlsp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2014, 04:48 PM   #14 (permalink)

Hey lilsurfergrlsp!

Basch is doing great with the vinyl. I've seen him stretch to reach the vinyl but his tiny paws just slip right down, so he gives up. I've only seen him try it a few times and so far so good! I haven't had any problems with it. My hubby was worried that the vinyl might melt due to the CHE, but it's not aimed directly at the sides of the cage. It has never felt too warm or too cold, it's just right! Kind of like Goldilocks and the three...hedgehogs.

Hm...cardboard behind the coro you say? The only issue I would foresee would be that it would likely get poopy if she starts to try to climb it with dirty feet. Which would mean you might have to replace it. Also, I'm not sure how it would be with your heat source. If you have a CHE, I would be careful not to aim it directly at any of the cardboard. Oh, and using cardboard might not be as aesthetically pleasing as vinyl or extra coro, but that's really up to you, since the hedgie won't care either way!

I've never used cardboard, so other than that I don't know what else to tell ya. Perhaps someone else on the forum has thought of it before. I would try searching on here to see if it's been discussed. =]

ps I see your hedgehog is named Tansy. Is it possible you are a Redwall fan?
lilsurfergrlsp and Altearithe like this.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/ILikeSpikes

Use code SUMMER10 to get 10% off until July 12th!

Aether is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2014, 05:26 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aether View Post
Hey lilsurfergrlsp!

Basch is doing great with the vinyl. I've seen him stretch to reach the vinyl but his tiny paws just slip right down, so he gives up. I've only seen him try it a few times and so far so good! I haven't had any problems with it. My hubby was worried that the vinyl might melt due to the CHE, but it's not aimed directly at the sides of the cage. It has never felt too warm or too cold, it's just right! Kind of like Goldilocks and the three...hedgehogs.

Hm...cardboard behind the coro you say? The only issue I would foresee would be that it would likely get poopy if she starts to try to climb it with dirty feet. Which would mean you might have to replace it. Also, I'm not sure how it would be with your heat source. If you have a CHE, I would be careful not to aim it directly at any of the cardboard. Oh, and using cardboard might not be as aesthetically pleasing as vinyl or extra coro, but that's really up to you, since the hedgie won't care either way!

I've never used cardboard, so other than that I don't know what else to tell ya. Perhaps someone else on the forum has thought of it before. I would try searching on here to see if it's been discussed. =]

ps I see your hedgehog is named Tansy. Is it possible you are a Redwall fan?
Good to hear he's doing great with it! And thanks for adding the tip about the CHE, as I have one too - I was worried about it possibly melting the vinyl, but it's pretty much on top of the cage around the middle, pointed straight down, and not towards the sides.

I'm just concerned about the cardboard because I've heard some hedgies like to chew on it, plus if it gets wet, etc. I think I'll go with the vinyl and set up some cardboard until it arrives in the mail but thanks so much for the help!

And YES! I love Redwall! I actually dug through my old books and found my entire Redwall collection, which is part of the reason why I decided to get a hedgehog. I loved Abbess Tansy!! It's such a great series!
Aether likes this.

Old 02-23-2014, 07:43 PM   #16 (permalink)

Glad to have helped! ^_^

YES!! When I saw her name I got so excited! I almost named my first hedgehog Tansy (went with Relm instead). The Pearls of Lutra was one of my favorite of the Redwall books. It's always nice to meet another fan!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/ILikeSpikes

Use code SUMMER10 to get 10% off until July 12th!

Aether is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2014, 07:52 PM   #17 (permalink)

That is a really good one! Now I feel like reading them all again
Aether likes this.

Old 02-23-2014, 08:39 PM   #18 (permalink)

It's so awesome hearing that Basch doesn't mind the vinyl and that it didn't melt. I need to start doing tests next month; I should be getting my first ever hedgie in April or so I hope.

Psst! Btw you two, I'm also a Redwall fan!!! 8D I haven't read them in ages so I didn't recognize Tansy sadly. ;w;
I need to reread them and buy the rest of the series. XD I think I only have up to Loamhedge and even then I'm missing around half the books.
Aether and lilsurfergrlsp like this.
Altearithe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2014, 11:02 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altearithe View Post
It's so awesome hearing that Basch doesn't mind the vinyl and that it didn't melt. I need to start doing tests next month; I should be getting my first ever hedgie in April or so I hope.

Psst! Btw you two, I'm also a Redwall fan!!! 8D I haven't read them in ages so I didn't recognize Tansy sadly. ;w;
I need to reread them and buy the rest of the series. XD I think I only have up to Loamhedge and even then I'm missing around half the books.
Awesome! Redwall is such a great series, one that you can read over and over and they never get old. I need to expand my collection too, I never got to reading the ones about the badgers and pirates and such
Aether and Altearithe like this.

Tags
c & c cage, setup

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in