Hedgehog Central  Hedgehog pet care & owner forum

Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum (https://www.hedgehogcentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cages (https://www.hedgehogcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Ferret Nation Cage Vs. C&C Cage? (https://www.hedgehogcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17991)

OllieTheHedgie 09-17-2012 03:21 PM

Ferret Nation Cage Vs. C&C Cage?

My aunt used to have rats and now sadly they have all died and she has no need for her Ferret Nation cage and said she is willing to give it to me for free. I was set on making Ollie a C&C cage but now I'm starting to think maybe he will like a big ferret nation cage. Just wondering what everyones experiences have been with each cage and what you think I should go for? thanks!

PokeyCutie 09-17-2012 03:34 PM

Re: Ferret Nation Cage Vs. C&C Cage?

Is the ferret nation the single or double? The only thing with those is the ramp and second levels, you will have to customize them and block off any edges that they can fall off of.

OllieTheHedgie 09-17-2012 03:41 PM

Im pretty sure its a double. I planned on adding sides to any exposed areas on it and "hedgie proofing" anything that is of any risk to him. :)

Nancy 09-17-2012 03:47 PM

IMO, a Ferret Nation is far superior to a C&C. :)

OllieTheHedgie 09-17-2012 04:01 PM

Would a ferret nation cage have room for a flying saucer wheel?

TeddysMommy 09-17-2012 04:12 PM

If the FN is free then go for it! Make sure to disinfect though.
Quote:

Originally Posted by OllieTheHedgie
Would a ferret nation cage have room for a flying saucer wheel?

It would, but I don't suggest you get one. they are loud and are supposedly linked to joint discomforts... i suggest the CSW or CSBW because they arent much more expensive and will last longer :)

Tabi 09-17-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeddysMommy
It would, but I don't suggest you get one. they are loud and are supposedly linked to joint discomforts... i suggest the CSW or CSBW because they arent much more expensive and will last longer :)

+1 ;)

OllieTheHedgie 09-17-2012 06:32 PM

Turns out the cage my aunt is giving us has three levels! I think I'm going to go with the ferret nation cage :)

OllieTheHedgie 09-17-2012 06:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Its not sectioned off like I thought it was though, It looks like this one without the wheels.

[attachment=0:pn2kkrlg]YML-4-Levels-Small-Animal-Cage-in-Black.jpg[/attachment:pn2kkrlg]

PokeyCutie 09-17-2012 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OllieTheHedgie
Its not sectioned off like I thought it was though, It looks like this one without the wheels.

[attachment=0:10zh29lt]YML-4-Levels-Small-Animal-Cage-in-Black.jpg[/attachment:10zh29lt]

That cage definitely isnt ideal BUT with a lot of customization it can be a pretty neat hedgie cage...How creative are you and are you up for a lot of customizing?