Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum - View Single Post - For Experienced Breeders/Former Breeders/Owners w/ 2+ Years
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 03:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: For Experienced Breeders/Former Breeders/Owners w/ 2+ Years

-=Reposted from Cat Food List Version 3.0=-

As it stands right now I will be asking those with long term experience of at minimum two years of hedgehog ownership and breeders/former breeders with at least two years experience on their diet reasoning and found methods.

As I feel comfortable I will be asking people with less experience or people trying creative ideas in diets and their findings.

Keep in mind I know there will be opinions, but I want to try to lean towards opinionated factors as in I have found feeding _____ has led to issues in their digestive track or I have found since switching to _____ their skin has been increasingly less dry or I have found by adding a _____ fruit to their daily diet their activeness has increased.

Those are just examples, I will be challenging everything cause I want this list to have solid reasoning to fruits/veggies, cooked meats, baby food, kibble, dog kibble, etc.

I am expecting this project to take anywhere up to 3 months (Likely More) depending on free time, I will be wanting to contact plenty of experienced people and owners on their thoughts and feelings on the subject and will ensure the list includes the following:

Cat Food
- Ingredients
- Protein/Fat/Fiber/Moisture %(s)
- Kibble Size (I will do my best to compile this however I do not know if this will be complete)
- Reason(s) both positive and negative found by adding it to a hedgehog diet.

Dog Food
- Ingredients
- Protein/Fat/Fiber/Moisture %(s)
- Kibble Size (I will do my best to compile this however I do not know if this will be complete)

Cooked Meats
- How Cooked
- Fat/lean content

Cooked Meatball w/Veggies
- How Cooked
- Vegetables added
- Fat/lean content

Baby Foods
- Ingredients
- Amount per serving of Fat/Fiber/Sugars/Protein (In Grams)

Fruit & Veggies
- Serving Size of Fruit/Veggie

Insects
- Size of Insect Species (Mostly the worms as they vary in sizes)
- Nutritional Content
- What they are gut fed prior to being feed to hedgehogs
- Fed Alive/Frozen & Defrosted

If someone feels I missed something feel free to let me know I will be open to expanding this listing within reason