urgh!!!!!!!!! heating frustration!!!!!!!! - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Pandamom
  • 1 Post By DesireeM81
  • 2 Post By nikki
  • 1 Post By coffeebean
  • 1 Post By Crowley is loved

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2014, 01:19 PM   #1 (permalink)

Angry urgh!!!!!!!!! heating frustration!!!!!!!!

so i found a great deal on a Zilla Temperature Controller on amazon that was prime eligible- so i could use my 'free two day shipping' which means i usually get it in four.

well i added it to my cart last night and was going to order it in the morning. so i log in the morning to buy all the heating stuff i had in my cart 8; 8 hrs ago!!!!!!!!!; and now they said that the cheaper one i had in my cart is no longer available even though they said they had 9 in stock yesterday!

so now i have to buy the one that was $20 more plus the added shipping, and without it being Prime it can take up to TWO FREAKING WEEKS!!! to be shipped here.

and to make it worse they moved the temp reader i wanted to an 'add on item' and i din't have enough in my cart for them to add it to my order!!!!

so now thanks to those jerks that spy on peoples carts to **** with their stuff so that we have to pay more to those greedy jerks!;

- i now have a lamp hub(in my hands waiting for a bulb) - with a bulb i'll be getting in two/three days+a Temperature Controller that i paid double for and won't get for two weeks! and no way to track the temp in my cage to make sure im not frying the poor baby!!!!!!!!!!!

god i wanna scream than punch someone in the face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is soooo not the time to be pulling this bull! they don't know (or care) that an animals LIFE is at stake here.

urgh!!!!!!!!and the only thing i can do is go and buy another thermometer even though iv already ordered and paid for one than hope my other items come quick cuz i can't really afford all this in the first place right now let alone twice!!!!!!!!!

urgh!!!!!! it just makes me sooo mad!!!!!!! is it too much to ask that things just work and that people just do their jobs!!!!!!!

grrrrrr!!!!!! sorry for the rant but this just made me sooo angry! in about a nine hour span i went from 'wow, Crowley will be all set for the winter in about three days and for a steal of a price!' to , 'well now im screwed! how the heck am i going to keep her alive???!!!!(at double the cost) '

haaaaaaaaaaa, so yeah. any advice and hugs would be great at this point.
Crowley is loved is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2014, 04:19 PM   #2 (permalink)

Oh noooo! Are you not able to find the basics in a local pet store? Amazon is great for some things, but pricey for others. We were able to set up Pippin's heat system thru pet stores but I did get the thermostat thru amazon. I had to pay more for quicker delivery but I figured it was worth it.
Best of luck with this one sweetie, your heart is in the right place and Crowley is definitely loved!
Crowley is loved likes this.
Pandamom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2014, 04:36 PM   #3 (permalink)

Do you have a space heater to use in the meantime? I wouldn't use the CHE without a thermostat.

I know your heart is in the right place but this is a huge reason it is helpful to have everything you need before bringing home a baby. It reduces the stress. I know this isn't your fault but for those new and reading this please try and get everything you need before hand. Even if you live in a warm state, you never know when a cold night will hit.

Old 10-07-2014, 04:57 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamom View Post
Oh noooo! Are you not able to find the basics in a local pet store? Amazon is great for some things, but pricey for others. We were able to set up Pippin's heat system thru pet stores but I did get the thermostat thru amazon. I had to pay more for quicker delivery but I figured it was worth it.
Best of luck with this one sweetie, your heart is in the right place and Crowley is definitely loved!

i went to every pet and hardware(covering all my bases- you never know what they might have) store in town. at the pet store they wanted almost $80 bucks for the CHE bulb alone!(not including any of the hubs that they sell sepraetly) when they were about $20 online

and 3 of the 4 pet stores didn't have any form of temp control whats so ever!which is sooo stupid since they sell lizards!!!!!!! the last said they could order one for me but it would take up to 4 weeks to ship it to the store :/

i found ONE at petco that im thinking i'll have to go out to buy and hope its still there tomorrow as well as a thermometer.

and yes i have both a space heater and a basic heat pad(designed for humans)but im hoping i can get a reader for temp before i have to use them. and if absolute worst comes to worst i do have my heat bulbs that i use for my lizard (but its a red one so its not ideal and will be emergency back up only)

and yes- have everything before!!!!! lesson learned!!!!!!
Old 10-07-2014, 10:21 PM   #5 (permalink)

Also, if you see something on Amazon at a really great price, that's the time to buy it. Prices change frequently, so if it's an awesome price now, in a few hours it might jump. If it's something you needed to buy anyway, jump on it. If it's not anything super important, put it on your wish list and watch the prices. I know I've banged my head against the wall because I hesitated on making a purchase. Sorry you got burned by price fluctuations! At least returns on Amazon are supposed to be fairly easy if you need to go that route.
shinydistraction is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2014, 10:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
Administrator

This is a great example of why we always tell people to have their heating set up and in place and tested way before they expect to ever need it.
Nancy and Lilysmommy like this.

http://www.quillsnthings.webs.com
nikki is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2014, 08:23 AM   #7 (permalink)

you sound like me!!!

I was misinformed about hedgehogs when i took in Tiggy (she was a rehome) and needed a heat set up way faster then i realized.
I was like a chicken with my head cut off ordering one thing from here, another thing from there, back and forth to the 3 pet stores 28463835005 times in one week.
so.frustrating.
I hear you.

and yes, this (and my experience) are perfect examples of why one should have the set up ready before the hedgie comes home. ahhhh hindsight

coffeebean is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2014, 09:40 AM   #8 (permalink)

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mikespohr/am...o-know#19j209a

This link will take you to a page with tips on shopping with Amazon. If you go down to #13 it says that if the price of an item you bought goes down withing 7 days of the purchase, you can get a refund. Check it out! and watch the prices.
Kiwithehedgie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2014, 02:22 PM   #9 (permalink)

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki View Post
This is a great example of why we always tell people to have their heating set up and in place and tested way before they expect to ever need it.
yeah. i researched hedgehogs for two years before getting one and had her cage completely set up and ready to be lived in before i even went to the breeder. I knew what heating stuff she'd need but since it was really warm where i live and not suppose to be this cold for a long time i thought i'd have a couple of months to get her heating stuff.

haaaaaa i really could have just avoided this if somewhere in that research someone made even just a side note: hey have your heating before it gets cold-even if you dont need it yet or maybe if the breeder asked me 'hey, hows your heating set up?' when i went to pick up Crowley; i could have stopped at a store on the drive back with her :/ and this wouldn't have been an issue.

haaaaaaa i really wish i'd found this page earlier- so much useful information and wonderful people willing to help solve problems before they become problems.

I consider myself a very capable pet owner but i gotta admit, without you guys and your excrescences to help me sift though whats real problems and whats just me panicking over nothing, than i'd be lost with this one. so thanks again for all your help
DesireeM81 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in