Hedgehog Central  Hedgehog pet care & owner forum

Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum (https://www.hedgehogcentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Questions (https://www.hedgehogcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Totally showing off (https://www.hedgehogcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78266)

_Miss_Pickles_ 09-22-2014 12:46 PM

Totally showing off

1 Attachment(s)
So, I decided to put the sewing machine I've never used to good use for my lil' Miss Pickles. This is my first attempt at a sleeping bag w/ reinforced hem opening so she can easily come and go. So far, she loves it :)

coffeebean 09-22-2014 01:23 PM

It's adorable. I love the fabric you chose!

ellisrks01 09-22-2014 01:48 PM

It looks great!
My GF has a sewing machine around our house somewhere. I would get it out if I thought we could make a sleeping bag that looks half as good as yours.
Good job glad he loves it :)

_Miss_Pickles_ 09-22-2014 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellisrks01 (Post 524706)
It looks great!
My GF has a sewing machine around our house somewhere. I would get it out if I thought we could make a sleeping bag that looks half as good as yours.
Good job glad he loves it :)

LOL For what it's worth, this is my second time ever opening the machine since I was a teenager... 20 years ago. She can do it!!

I put a cheap little plastic headband in the grey hem to keep it open :)

SarahH 09-23-2014 12:25 AM

Ha, I was totally gonna buy that fabric online from JoAnn's when it was on sale last week, but it keeps selling out before I can get my order processed! Now I know who's getting there first, lol! (Also, I think my husband might object if I bought more fleece, given the giant box I have of it sitting in the living room right now...)

gracefulchaos01 09-23-2014 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SarahH (Post 525202)
Ha, I was totally gonna buy that fabric online from JoAnn's when it was on sale last week, but it keeps selling out before I can get my order processed! Now I know who's getting there first, lol! (Also, I think my husband might object if I bought more fleece, given the giant box I have of it sitting in the living room right now...)

But... But... It's fleece!

SarahH 09-23-2014 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gracefulchaos01 (Post 525562)
But... But... It's fleece!

yes, well... I only have the one hedgie, yes? And right now she has 5 cage liners, 5 sleeping sacks, 2 cuddle cups, 4 double-sided, hemmed sleeping pads, 2 double-thick carrying bags with straps, and a bag of assorted fleece scraps for playing with. And then I have this biiiig box of fleece in the living room for more liners and future projects (like, say, should I suddenly decide to make fleece ponchos for my entire family, along with fleece winter hats, and possibly scarves... This would in no way mean that Sprinkles was in danger of not having enough fleece for her own needs, :grin:)

But, I might buy it anyways because it's got hedgehogs on it, my daughter is totally in love with it, and well, it's fleece! :smile: If I could just sneak it into the house without him noticing... Sadly, because I live in Canada, I get my stuff from JoAnn's shipped to our PO box across the border, which my husband has to pick up, and I'm pretty sure he'll notice another enormous box from JoAnn's as he's hefting it out to the car! :lol:

MomLady 09-24-2014 01:01 AM

I love that fleece! It's perfect for a girl!

I too have a fleece addiction. Nara has birthday fleece, Valentines, Halloween and 2 Christmas patterns. That's in addition to the 5 or 6 "everyday" patterns.
But I have gotten most of mine on sale or out of the remnant bins. She even has 2 liners for her travel cage. Thank goodness for coupons and sales!

Sarah, good thing fleece is lightweight, you'd be paying a fortune in postage!

shetland 09-24-2014 09:27 AM

What an adorable print! Doesn't she look so proud of herself!!! I agree: pretty little show off!!!

MissMoose 09-24-2014 12:27 PM

I love the fabric! I have the exact same fleece lining my cage :)