Changing Water bottle to water bowl/Quilling Adive - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2010, 12:54 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Changing Water bottle to water bowl/Quilling Adive

Hey everyone how has it been going? Things are pretty good for me and mr Twixx right now, he started quilling a few days ago so he is fairly grumpy at night, at least during our socializing time , until he is tired of acting tough and lays down to go to sleep.

Right now I cam trying to switch him from his water bottle to a bowl, seeing how so many people on the site swear by it. I am wondering how I should do it, right now I have both in his cage, so he can choose between the two. Should I just remove the water bottle completely and try to let him figure it out himself?

Also, last night he seemed a little more restless than usual, sometimes even like he was spazzing out. No loud noises or bright lights, could he just be uncomfortable from the quilling and agitated like a teething baby ?

Thanks for all the help everyone, take care !

Old 06-03-2010, 01:43 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Changing Water bottle to water bowl/Quilling Adive

You can measure the water first, before filling the bowl, then measure it again in the morning to ensure he found the dish. (after you remove the water bottle) If a couple of nights go by and he still hasn't touched the water you might want to put the bottle back in. Also check for little specks of food or fur in the water to indicate that he found it.

Hedgies are grumpier during quilling, yes. You an try a bath to soothe him, with the Aveeno oatmeal soap that is recommended on here or just oatmeal in a sock in the water.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in