Hedgehog Central  Hedgehog pet care & owner forum

Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum (https://www.hedgehogcentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Questions (https://www.hedgehogcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   BEFORE you bring baby home.. (https://www.hedgehogcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3424)

nikki 05-31-2012 12:07 AM

Re: BEFORE you bring baby home..

I love their individual personalities and that they don't miss me when I can't be with them.

samanthafrock 06-23-2012 05:48 PM

On the first page I read about petstores and not knowing what hogs need...sadly mist petstores have ppl who r either uneducated or wrongly educated staff in every animal department. In reptiles I see it also a lot. For example I breed leopard geckos and joined a fourm just like this to learn on my leos. And come to find out almost everything a petstore staff member tells u is Probly wrong...and Ull spend more doing what they tell u also usually!

sarahmargaret 06-26-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgiepets
A pet store will sell you the wrong stuff and they really don't care.

This is not 100% true

My boyfriend worked at a pet store here and policy stated to give the RIGHT stuff. I can't stand how people assume a pet store does not care, maybe some yes but the ones I have been in do care! So PLEASE don't state that all the pet stores are BAD! I guess I'm lucky because my BF has been around and delt with them before but you also have to understand that I live in Ontario Canada and where I live (Small City in the North) there are NO hedgie breeders so I did not have a choice but by from a pet store. I did ALL my research prior to getting her and I am still doing more everyday. I just get mad when people say that all pet stores are bad!

nikki 06-26-2012 02:21 PM

There are alot of breeders in Ontario, it just means driving to get to them. I made a 3 day trip, each way, to get some of my hedgies because there are no breeders in Northern Alberta either.

sarahmargaret 06-26-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikki
There are alot of breeders in Ontario, it just means driving to get to them. I made a 3 day trip, each way, to get some of my hedgies because there are no breeders in Northern Alberta either.

I feel like I am being attacked by people becasue I got her at a pet store, I do not have the time or a vehicle reliable enough to drive to get one... I think it's rediculious that I am being JUDGED becasue I got her at the pet store. The other forum I was on basically called me a TERRIBLE person.. I have worked in my local pet stores and have friends who own them and they are great.

LarryT 06-26-2012 02:56 PM

So you got your hog from a petsore, that's your choice, no one is attacking you about it, so lets just move on.

nikki 06-26-2012 03:32 PM

I never said that you shouldn't have gotten one from a pet store, just that if you really wanted one from a breeder there are always ways to do that.

sarahmargaret 06-27-2012 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LarryT
So you got your hog from a petsore, that's your choice, no one is attacking you about it, so lets just move on.

No need to be RUDE!

Immortalia 06-27-2012 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahmargaret

No need to be RUDE!

No one here is being rude. You came here all defensive and started picking at things you don't like about this forum and complain about how rude another forum is. You haven't even given us a chance. You started being rude to us first. Everyone has their own opinions and what one says you may not agree with. It's an online forum, it's gonna happen, it's inevitable.

Take a deep breath and a step back. In the end, none of us here care where you got your hedgie because we just want more pictures and to know that there's yet another hedgie out there being taken care of. The only times it matters where they are from is if you were saying you want to breed.

Yes, there are some petstores with awesome employees, but more often than not, they actually don't know any better and are quite uneducated about hedgehog care. Which is why it is important to first do your own research and know what's good or bad. They don't mean to give the wrong information, many times they just don't know any better.

So chill out, stop being so defensive and just know that we are all here because we want to learn and help each other. If you have a problem, feel free to pm a mod/admin.

sarahmargaret 06-27-2012 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Immortalia
Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahmargaret

No need to be RUDE!

No one here is being rude. You came here all defensive and started picking at things you don't like about this forum and complain about how rude another forum is. You haven't even given us a chance. You started being rude to us first. Everyone has their own opinions and what one says you may not agree with. It's an online forum, it's gonna happen, it's inevitable.

Take a deep breath and a step back. In the end, none of us here care where you got your hedgie because we just want more pictures and to know that there's yet another hedgie out there being taken care of. The only times it matters where they are from is if you were saying you want to breed.

Yes, there are some petstores with awesome employees, but more often than not, they actually don't know any better and are quite uneducated about hedgehog care. Which is why it is important to first do your own research and know what's good or bad. They don't mean to give the wrong information, many times they just don't know any better.

So chill out, stop being so defensive and just know that we are all here because we want to learn and help each other. If you have a problem, feel free to pm a mod/admin.

No one knows me I work for a pet store and I do not appreciate people taking my JOB and making the comments they do, I am also ALLOWED to voice my opinion on things so are you any better by jumping down my throat .. No your not!! So don`t tell me to chill out and take a breath when people on here are the ones bashing my job I don`t come on here and bash people for being breeders so I am just saying don`t bash my job. ``Everyone has their own opinions and what one says you may not agree with. It's an online forum, it's gonna happen, it's inevitable.`` but I am NOT allowed to come on and have my opinion!! Hypocritical Much