BEFORE you bring baby home.. - Page 14 - Hedgehog Central – Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

Like Tree53Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2016, 04:56 PM   #131 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to liljo

After reading all the post its just like dogs lol people go out buy expensive dogs and don't take care of it just like a hedgehog people buy and don't do research before hand they buy on impuse that's with a lot of animals not just hedgehogs they buy don't research they end up abusing it or giving it away or reselling it because they didn't research the breed. So seems it same with a lot of animals people don't do research before buying.
liljo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2016, 04:57 PM   #132 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to liljo

Oh and yes pet stores always give the wrong information ive seen it myself many times and talked to the person afterwards to make sure she knew the truth or He id hate for them to go home not knowing if I'm there I speak up lol I'm not shy lol
liljo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2016, 10:59 PM   #133 (permalink)

lighting question, is a normal ceiling room light enough or do i need a lamp closer to the cage?
emglass217 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2016, 01:04 AM   #134 (permalink)
Administrator

Normal ceiling lights are fine.

http://www.quillsnthings.webs.com
nikki is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2016, 05:05 AM   #135 (permalink)

Default Brand New Owner that's totally freaking out!

Hi everyone! It's me again. I hope you don't mind helping my neurotic self! We are picking up our new baby either Sat or Sunday. Besides food and a cage and a water bottle, whatever do I need to get started. I tend to get anxious when I start a new project or bring a new kiddo home, sometimes a full out anxiety attack. So any help and advice you could give would be amazing. Not gonna lie reading the forums make me more confuse!
Edgar'smomma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2016, 05:17 PM   #136 (permalink)
Administrator

You need a heat set up before you bring him home. Water dishes are safer and healthier than bottles. You also need bedding and dishes.

http://www.quillsnthings.webs.com
nikki is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2016, 09:23 PM   #137 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar'smomma View Post
Hi everyone! It's me again. I hope you don't mind helping my neurotic self! We are picking up our new baby either Sat or Sunday. Besides food and a cage and a water bottle, whatever do I need to get started. I tend to get anxious when I start a new project or bring a new kiddo home, sometimes a full out anxiety attack. So any help and advice you could give would be amazing. Not gonna lie reading the forums make me more confuse!
Heating system, thermostat, thermometer, light, wheel, bedding, hides, food. Snuggle sacks.
nikki likes this.
Artemis-Ichiro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2017, 10:49 AM   #138 (permalink)

I especially love the ones that say they did months of research yet have no clue.[/QUOTE]

I must agree. I'm one of those who got so much contradictory information. We tried to make his home as comfortable as possible. (I mean my husband went hedgehog wild) He was as worried as when we brought home our kids. We found the reptiTemp 500s little nub annoying. We had to keep adjusting it to keep the temp stable but we seem to have it now.
Roxysrules is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2017, 10:37 PM   #139 (permalink)

Someone finally says the truth THANK U
I can't help but laugh at the people who say WELL I DID ALL THE RESEARCH!! yet they have no clue ??
silvercharcoalhedgie27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2018, 10:18 AM   #140 (permalink)

Red face Hoping people still use this

Hello! I am bringing my baby Hedgie home in 28 hours and I am so excited! I have a c&c cage with the anti pill fleece liner and the 12” plastic wheel with no holes and the space heater and ceramic heat lamp along with a digital thermometer to monitor the temperature of the cage. I’ve done tons of research so I feel pretty confident about bringing her home. However I’ve been looking everywhere for the answer to this one question I have and I cannot find it. I am wondering if the Rachel Ray Nutrish cat food is safe for my hedgehog? The breeder I am getting her from says he feeds them natural chicken and rice cat food. And this Rachel Ray Nutrish had no biproducts or or any of the weird stuff in it. Thank you in advance.
Ashymc92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central – Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in