Hedgehog Central  Hedgehog pet care & owner forum

Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum (https://www.hedgehogcentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Questions (https://www.hedgehogcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   BEFORE you bring baby home.. (https://www.hedgehogcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3424)

liljo 08-21-2016 03:56 PM

After reading all the post its just like dogs lol people go out buy expensive dogs and don't take care of it just like a hedgehog people buy and don't do research before hand they buy on impuse that's with a lot of animals not just hedgehogs they buy don't research they end up abusing it or giving it away or reselling it because they didn't research the breed. So seems it same with a lot of animals people don't do research before buying.

liljo 08-21-2016 03:57 PM

Oh and yes pet stores always give the wrong information ive seen it myself many times and talked to the person afterwards to make sure she knew the truth or He id hate for them to go home not knowing if I'm there I speak up lol I'm not shy lol

emglass217 10-06-2016 09:59 PM

lighting question, is a normal ceiling room light enough or do i need a lamp closer to the cage?

nikki 10-07-2016 12:04 AM

Normal ceiling lights are fine.

Edgar'smomma 12-17-2016 04:05 AM

Brand New Owner that's totally freaking out!

Hi everyone! It's me again. I hope you don't mind helping my neurotic self! We are picking up our new baby either Sat or Sunday. Besides food and a cage and a water bottle, whatever do I need to get started. I tend to get anxious when I start a new project or bring a new kiddo home, sometimes a full out anxiety attack. So any help and advice you could give would be amazing. Not gonna lie reading the forums make me more confuse!

nikki 12-17-2016 04:17 PM

You need a heat set up before you bring him home. Water dishes are safer and healthier than bottles. You also need bedding and dishes.

Artemis-Ichiro 12-17-2016 08:23 PM

17 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edgar'smomma (Post 924666)
Hi everyone! It's me again. I hope you don't mind helping my neurotic self! We are picking up our new baby either Sat or Sunday. Besides food and a cage and a water bottle, whatever do I need to get started. I tend to get anxious when I start a new project or bring a new kiddo home, sometimes a full out anxiety attack. So any help and advice you could give would be amazing. Not gonna lie reading the forums make me more confuse!

Heating system, thermostat, thermometer, light, wheel, bedding, hides, food. Snuggle sacks.

Roxysrules 03-17-2017 09:49 AM

I especially love the ones that say they did months of research yet have no clue.[/QUOTE]

I must agree. I'm one of those who got so much contradictory information. We tried to make his home as comfortable as possible. (I mean my husband went hedgehog wild) He was as worried as when we brought home our kids. We found the reptiTemp 500s little nub annoying. We had to keep adjusting it to keep the temp stable but we seem to have it now.

silvercharcoalhedgie27 03-24-2017 09:37 PM

Someone finally says the truth THANK U
I can't help but laugh at the people who say WELL I DID ALL THE RESEARCH!! yet they have no clue ??

Ashymc92 01-15-2018 09:18 AM

Hoping people still use this

Hello! I am bringing my baby Hedgie home in 28 hours and I am so excited! I have a c&c cage with the anti pill fleece liner and the 12 plastic wheel with no holes and the space heater and ceramic heat lamp along with a digital thermometer to monitor the temperature of the cage. Ive done tons of research so I feel pretty confident about bringing her home. However Ive been looking everywhere for the answer to this one question I have and I cannot find it. I am wondering if the Rachel Ray Nutrish cat food is safe for my hedgehog? The breeder I am getting her from says he feeds them natural chicken and rice cat food. And this Rachel Ray Nutrish had no biproducts or or any of the weird stuff in it. Thank you in advance.