Speed and Running Questions! - Page 2 - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2009, 11:11 AM   #11 (permalink)
rtc

Default Re: Speed and Running Questions!

For the Silent Spinner.. Hitch got a toe stuck one time in the center slits and it wasn't pretty. Screaming hedgie at 6 in the morning. I highly recommend blocking the hole the best you can with little pieces of duct tape. I know the hole help to drain the urine out of the wheel and therefore they are not perfectly sealed but I leave minute little gaps to allow some of the pee out. Hitch hasn't had a problem with it since. He runs actually much faster in that wheel compared to his Flying Saucer or his Wodent Wheels (he loves to hide in the Wodent wheel).

Cheers,
Scott.
rtc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2009, 01:47 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by knitfreak
Hahha, Nikki that is too funny about your little hidden eater!

And Shelby's Mom, thanks for the reply. It makes me feel better to know it's not just him being an odd little guy. It doesn't really seem like he likes baths but I may try putting him in the tub because it has a "deep" and "shallow" end so he can try actually swimming.

Right now he seems to prefer sleeping and cuddling. I have him out for 1-2 hours each night on the couch, sometimes he roams up and down our outstretched legs, but mostly he finds a nook on my lap or behind my back and dozes off
Your very welcome!
I think thats why Shelby prefers the tub over the sink. On one end she can swim and the other she can walk around when she needs a little rest.. I've been trying to find something to put in there that don't float to make her a little island so she can get out of the water if she feels like it but so far I haven't found anything that works the way I want it to.

And Shelby is a real cuddler as well. She loves to cuddle up between me and my boyfriend under his pillow and sleep. she will stay there for hours if we leave her alone.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:08 AM   #13 (permalink)

Well, it looks like Winston somehow knew we were talking about him and he FINALLY USED HIS WHEEL! I woke up to poops all over it, HAHA! Checked his feet this morning and he has a small case of poopy nails, but not really boots, yet So I think I will definitely invest in a nicer wheel now as he will actually use it. In the interim, I am going to use double sided tape and mount felt onto the inside of the wheel. That way I can remove it every morning and there will be nothing for him to get his foot caught on. (Scott, sorry to hear about Hitch's owie)

I still want to try the bath in the tub, it would be great to see him swimming if he enjoys it

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in